Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.7

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Three 45-60 minute interviews back-to-back. Met with a manager, director and principal. Great experience overall. Discussed the position, relevant experience and some situational experience/behavioral questions. They talked about the company and their culture and values.

Interview Questions

• Out of the numerous job opportunities (electrical engineering) I qualify for, why did I consider going into consulting?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time I led at team on a successful project.   Answer Question
    • Talk about how to apply the system engineering process to provide a solution to a customer's problem.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Started with campus interview for Audit. 1-2 weeks later was notified office visit. Office visit was similar to campus, but was more behavioral. Interviewed first with Senior Manager, followed by a partner.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. I applied through my university. There was a networking dinner prior to the interview. It seemed to go really well so I was surprised at the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational, a few "tell me about a time when" questions   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone screen by HR was followed by a one hour phone interview with the senior person to whom the position reported. That was followed by four in-person and skype 30-minute interviews with department heads.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for a marketing position that required several more years of experience that I didn't have but I thought it would be worth a shot to apply anyways. The recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screen interview and invited me to a 1.5 hour on-site interview at the very end of the phone call. I had a pleasant discussion with 2 people - the hiring manager and 1 was someone I would work with. Hiring manager mentioned that there would be a 2nd on-site if I was selected to move forward. Recruiter said she would follow-up after the interview and never did.

Tax Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was long due to the unavailability of interviewers. Overall experience of the interview was positive. Interesting insight was provided into the work environment, specifics of the position and details of job responsibilities. Interviewers happily shared their reasons to consider the company and their experiences of acclimatization.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult situation I had to overcome?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Pretty easy, mostly relational questions. I did not come across any questions that were too difficult as they understood that most applicants were right out of school. No questions were too difficult but it was fun too.

Interview Questions

• easy, mostly relational questions. I did not come across any questions that were too difficult as they understood that most applicants were right out of school.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from HR. The beginning of the conversation went well when discussing my background and experience but once we discussed salary requirements the conversation was cut short. I had mentioned to HR that the salary was low compared to the market average for this type of position and she ended the conversation there. I did not even get a chance to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• How will you face certain challenges coming into a new position?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

An office visit to the company. The staff talked to the whole group invited from my school. They talked about their company culture and working environment. They showed us around.

Interview Questions

• What will your last meal be?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

-Went to Meet the Firms and spoke to several employees
    -Applied online at GT's website and on campus job board
    -Got the Interview
    -Went to pre interview social with everyone
    - Had conversational interview for about an hour.

Interview Questions

See What Grant Thornton Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Advisory Associate in Philadelphia, PA

Pros: “Great culture, people, and organization overall. The modernization aspects and ability to innovate, growing the business through entrepreneurial ideals, are very attractive qualities of...”“Great culture, people, and organization overall. The modernization aspects and ability to innovate, growing the business through entrepreneurial ideals, are very attractive qualities of this organization. I've always found my team to be approachable, open, and available to provide feedback. The projects are challenging and allow for growth opportunities at all levels. I feel proud to tell people where I work and I'm confident in the growth strategies of the firm. Leadership knows where we provide the most value and target the right companies at the right time. While the firm isn't the most diverse, you can actively see the strides and efforts that the organization is making to grow and develop in this area.” – Full Review