Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was conducted with a partner. conversational, no technical questions. lasted about 30 minutes. next round i was brought in on a office visit and interviewed 3 times by various levels throughout the say

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Back to back interview each interview for 30 minutes. Meet with two recruiters and talk about yourself and why you want to be accounting and be comfortable and show your personality

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone screen first with the Recruiter to go over the position and my experience. Onsite interview and video meetings after that. Met with 4 people total, interviews around 30 minutes to 1 hour each. Recruiter was in constant contact with me letting me know what was happening every step of the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to handle a sensitive employee relations issue and go through your process of handling it.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I had one phone interview and then was called back for my in person interview. I interviewed in person with multiple leaders at the firm and felt I had a good grasp of the company, their current needs, and the attitude of leadership. It lasted approx. 4 hours and was completed in one visit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership role you have held and what challenges you experienced.   Answer Question

BAS Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly laid back interview process that consisted of two rounds: one thirty-minute interview and two back to back thirty-minute interviews. The first interview was with a manager who asked me to walk them through my resume, along with some other fit questions. The second two interviews were much more like conversations and are used to gauge how you will fit in with the teams with whom you will be working.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about about Business Advisory Services?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict in a team but still had to come up with a deliverable.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced an institutional issue with an employer and how you overcame/changed it.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an initial call with the Employer Recruiter followed by a call with HR. A meeting was them arranged for the Partners in the local office. I was offered a position on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for GT ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

It was fairly straightforward as far as accounting interviews go - phone screening, a morning interview process, complete with in-person interviews with the partners and education about the company and culture, a lunch, and an after-work social event. Keep in mind that each piece is part of the interview. Some people don't realize that and lose the job offer because of things said at the lunch or social events.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral questions, but the second interview was all about one partner's upcoming presentation. Though, I got the feeling from discussing interview questions with others, that my experience was unique there.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I interviewed at my school. There were two back to back interviews which essentially counted as round one and round two so that students don't have to go back for an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I applied for a position in the global public sector (federal) as oppose to the other positions that they had available which may not have been in the global public center.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Usual College recruiting process. Two separate 30 minute interviews on campus followed by an office visit. Office visit includes two more interviews along with a few presentations and lunch with an associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interviewer was very concerned about getting through my entire resume and did not focus on anyone area for very long. Was not asked any technical questions and mainly discussed my past experiences.