Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2017.

Interview

Met at my school's career fair. Chatted with some of the professionals and eventually got invited to an office visit/ interview. Overall, they were very friendly and it was fairly laid back, probably due to the office being a bit smaller. Usually behavioral questions are asked, but it was really just conversation.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The interviewers are pretty casual and they are very engaging. They did not treat us to dinner or recruit intensively as they were losing interest as students were going straight to the big four or industry and rejecting their offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your greatest strengths and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Gatwick, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

After filling in the application form, there is a link to the strengths assessment test. Upon successful completion of the test, there is a digital interview, then an assessment centre. Digital interview is mostly strengths based, You have 30 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to record your answer.

Interview Questions

• How do you prefer to work with others? (don't remember the exact phrasing, something about collaboration)   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Interview

Online digital interview consisted of around 10 questions and then a written report based on a case study. The video interview questions were very specific to GT and the role I had applied to

Interview Questions

• Which part of the training programme do you think you will benefit from and why?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Interviewers were very professional. They want to know if you fit the culture. Each interview lasted between 30 mins. to 1 hour. Good range of interviewers from manager, to experienced manager, director, and partners.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Completed online form which was fairly easy including personal details and an application question (kind of like a personal statement type answer). Got through this stage(I can't remember if there were online tests after this, I believe there was) but next up was the video interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neuilly-sur-Seine (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Neuilly-sur-Seine (France)) in January 2017.

Interview

trois entretiens avec des managers et associés, suite à un entretien avec la RH + test a faire sur une etude de cas afin de juger de notre faculté de raisonnement

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

Application then interview. Two interviewers, basic enough questions but it went on for quite a long time. In the application process, you had to write about a company that inspires you and why. Make sure you know about the industry the company is in and not just the company itself because you are asked in detail about this.

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton? Why Business Consulting?   Answer Question
    • How have you shown that you can work in groups effectively?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose (Company from application) as on that inspires or interests you? (I was then asked about an issue regarding to that industry)   Answer Question

Tax Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Norwich, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Process starts with your usual numerical and verbal reasoning tests. All good there really, only issue is that the feedback is incredibly vague about whether you passed the tests or not, so I would recommend assuming you have passed and prepare for a potential online interview.
    The next step is an online interview where they will ask you questions regarding why you want to work for them, what would make you a good employee and why you want to work in the location you applied for. Actual interview was okay, felt I didn't really get to prepare properly seeing as I had no idea if I had passed the prior tests or not, was also emailed saying I'd get a call to talk to me about said interview but never did.
    So basically what I am saying is, assume you've passed vague feedback on your tests does not mean you failed just means they don't actually feel like telling you if you've passed or not.

Interview Questions

• "why have you applied at our Cambridge office?"
      "What makes you a good candidate for the job?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Just resume and behavior based questions. As an accounting major at an accredited accounting school, all the big firms recruit really hard. After some networking, I had an interview for their leadership conference in New York and then Florida. I couldn't attend the conference in Florida but I still received an offer to be a full year intern. You really just have to network hard and be passionate about the job being offered.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths/ weaknesses?   1 Answer

See What Grant Thornton Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Advisory Associate in Philadelphia, PA

Pros: “Great culture, people, and organization overall. The modernization aspects and ability to innovate, growing the business through entrepreneurial ideals, are very attractive qualities of...”“Great culture, people, and organization overall. The modernization aspects and ability to innovate, growing the business through entrepreneurial ideals, are very attractive qualities of this organization. I've always found my team to be approachable, open, and available to provide feedback. The projects are challenging and allow for growth opportunities at all levels. I feel proud to tell people where I work and I'm confident in the growth strategies of the firm. Leadership knows where we provide the most value and target the right companies at the right time. While the firm isn't the most diverse, you can actively see the strides and efforts that the organization is making to grow and develop in this area.” – Full Review