Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.7

Senior Cyber Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first then with Director/hiring manager next. Meeting went well. Got good feedback.

After waiting for a week HR informed that the position they was thinking was not correct so they cannot bring me on until they find a slot that they can put me on a contract.

This was a waste of time since their poor planning costed me valuable time.

Tax Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2017.

Interview

After the online application I was invited to do an online interview. In the online interview there was 2 mins to prepare and a further 2 mins to answer the question. There was a total of 6 questions.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL).

Interview

In person 30 minute conversational. Was first recruited on campus at job fair. Interview was straight forward describing the job tasks and projects. Nice guy but no one got the offer and they ended up going with a grad student instead of an undergrad

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I went through on campus recruiting and was very impressed with everyone I met throughout the process. Typical interview questions for this type of job, interviewed only with higher level management

Vacation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard online application process, asking for education, extra-curricular and other details
    Here you had to chose a service line preference.

After my application was successful I was invited to complete a video interview, where a question would pop up on the screen and you had to answer it.

I was then invited to an assessment centre day where there was a group activity, question time and I had a one on one interview with a partner, most interviews were just with HR.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for GT?
      Lots of behavioural questions:
      Name a time you made a mistake and what you did to fix it
      How have you dealt with conflict within groups
      Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Paris (France)) in February 2017.

Interview

entretien téléphonique, puis un entretien avec la RH, enfin un entretien avec un associé. A chaque étape, il y a eu un réel échange, la transparence des informations, la clarté des missions et des perspectives d'évolutions.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

This was my third or fourth interview with a large accounting firm and the one I enjoyed the most. I was with a tax partner and the entire experience was very conversational. He mostly wanted to hear about my college experience and how I had decided on my unique double major.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to a firm of this size? (basically are we just a backup for Big 4)   1 Answer

Grant Thornton Response

Apr 13, 2017 – People & Culture

Awesome! It is so wonderful to hear about your positive experience at Grant Thornton. Thank you for your feedback and your enthusiasm. Looking forward to having you on our team!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied through my university's website and GT. Got an interview through on campus recruiting. The people were very welcoming and interview was conversational. I had two interviewers for my round one interviews; each were 30 minutes long. Afterwards, I was invited to fly to California to meet the firm.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GT?   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First is an interview on campus with recruiting department. If they decide to continue then their will be an on-site interview with partners and then a lunch with all the team members.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First call was with an outside Recruiter. He was great and thought I was a strong candidate based on cultural fit as well as professional experience. The second round was another phone call, this time directly with a member of the consulting team, more culture fit and "tell us about yourself and your background" questions. The last round was an intensive 3-hour in-person process. First hour was with two Consultants who walked through my CV and probed every project and previous job. Very detailed. 2nd hour was a case study with two consultants. No prep time and the case was given orally. Needed to identify weaknesses in the P&L (they had one when I asked) and make recomendations on whether or not to drop a product line. I was then given a 2nd case study focusing on change management and workforce augmentation. The last hour was with the VP. He came off like he didn't want to be there and was annoyed I was wasting his time.

Interview Questions

• Your client is a PE Firm and they just purchased a Mom & Pop shop in CA that makes surfboards. You just got the booked and learn their operating in a deficit. What do you do?   1 Answer