Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Heard about the job through my college, applied through my school, submitted my resume and then had the interview on campus. Interview was easy; heard back with offer within a few weeks.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Grant Thornton didn't communicate well by forgetting to send a rejection letter. I was very glad to not have gotten the offer, due to the incredibly awkward culture. Overall happy it didn't work out.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2016.

Interview

First Interview- Asked basic info about me, why I wanted to work in advisory, and offered me the chance to ask questions. I got the interview through an employee's referral. The recruiting manager was nice and eager to let me know all she could about Grant Thornton

Interview Questions

• Information about myself, why supply chain, a couple behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Took about an hour and the lady was very nice and agreeable. But because of that I couldn't really tell how well I did. I was very nervous, so that didn't help either. My resume was sparse and I wasn't very well informed about the company-- remember to do thorough research! I was already thinking I wasn't going to get accepted but at least it was a good learning experience.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Really chill. I'm a student and they were recruiting from my school. All of the staff I met from the company were really nice, not pretentious at all, and super diverse.We had dinner the night before the interview which was helpful because we were able to meet our interviewers but also because it allowed us to see what everyone at the company was like and if we'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Not really behavioral, more about myself and my background.   Answer Question

Grow With Grant Thornton Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for their Summer Leadership Program through the university, was a very laid back interview process. Pre interview dinner to meet all the interviewers the night before interview. Two back to back on campus interviews over the course of an hour more conversational than anything, got a call back later that day informing me I got the offer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an easy interview. Talked with a manager first and then with a partner. They were nice people. The manager went through my resume thoroughly and the partner asked behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX).

Interview

They were focused on personality mainly. No technical questions. As long as you don't screw up, you'll likely get an offer. They try to cater to you as an interviewee, but treat you awfully afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to overcome adversity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was 0 negotiation phase.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Very relaxed feel the entire process. They want to find people that fit well with their culture, so the interviews are more conversation style. They want to hear you talk about yourself, your experiences in work, school, and life.

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was an easy going conversation with 2 managers and a principal. We discussed mostly my skills and background and the position. The interview was not difficult as long as you know your resume.