Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.7

Business Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Norman, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

Went to pre interview dinner and had brief 30 min interview next day. Took them 5 days longer than promised to respond and only did so when I asked for an update.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied right after winter graduation, so there were only two phone interviews before I was accepted into the internship program. They were about 30 - 45 minutes in length. Not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Most interviews always ask about challenges you have faced.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

You're told what to expect, 3 competencies that they're looking for and motivations for the role and the company, and the interview doesn't extend beyond that so you definitely can prepare. With regards to motivations, I would recommend thinking about why you have applied for that particular role, how the company stands out from its competitors and have an understanding of what you would be doing in the role, both day-to-day and as part of the contract duration. Also research into what the qualification exams you have to take are about (I knew almost nothing about that and had to admit that over the phone but still made it through to the next round!).

If parts of your interview are not up to standard there's a short follow up call where they prompt you for those parts so knowing that the video interview doesn't really have to go perfectly took the pressure off and I think I performed better than I would have otherwise because of that. During the video interview you have 2 minutes to prepare and 2 minutes to answer (remember, not a maximum) and I found it much easier than the standard 30 seconds prep, 1 min 30 seconds answer.

Auditeur financier junior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Paris (France)) in January 2017.

Interview

Entretien très classique Avec une RH en parcourant le CV et en échangeant sur vos motivations.
    L'entretien semblait bien se dérouler et finalement aucune suite. Les entretiens RH Avec des financiers c'est toujours une catastrophe. Vous ne parlez pas le même langage. Pour ma part, je me suis retrouvé avec une RH qui ne comprenait pas mon expérience et qui ne voyait pas le lien entre contrôle interne et Audit financier. Pas faute d'avoir expliqué que l'évaluation du dispositif de contrôle interne fait partie de la mission de CAC et que ce n'était pas déconnecté.
    Par ailleurs, c'est toujours sympa de discuter avec une personne qui vous martèle que sur l'audit et qui ne comprend pas les enjeux du consulting. En somme, il n'y a que les entretiens opérationnels qui sont vraiment constructifs et efficaces. Parader en entretien RH pour jouer au plus beau et au plus gentil n'a aucune V.A pour les deux parties.

Interview Questions

• Questions classiques sur le CV. Apprenez par cœur votre CV et c'est bon. N'essayez pas de parler technique ça ne sert à rien.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2017.

Interview

I was given 20min to complete an excel test before the interview. The interviewer is from human resource department. Very friendly and asked about 3 questions. Got an offer the day after then interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

HR badly talking behaviour with me, talking like a servent no manner and sense her. How treat with people or candidate.

I was declined my interview with my note against organisation and HR.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview. It was the quickest interview of my life, he only asked me five questions and then asked if I had any questions for him. It lasted less than 20 minutes total. The questions were generally to be expected ("what have been your favorite classes?" "where do you see yourself in x years?") and then a couple behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you were working with a group and it wasn't going well. What role did you play in that situation?   Answer Question

Manager of FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

The entire interview process was fairly straight forward. Typical questions, but it was held in a panel style with multiple people. Made the decision more centered but somewhat uneasy. The CFO seemed demanding.

BAS Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly laid back interview process that consisted of two rounds: one thirty-minute interview and two back to back thirty-minute interviews. The first interview was with a manager who asked me to walk them through my resume, along with some other fit questions. The second two interviews were much more like conversations and are used to gauge how you will fit in with the teams with whom you will be working.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about about Business Advisory Services?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict in a team but still had to come up with a deliverable.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced an institutional issue with an employer and how you overcame/changed it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had interned with Grant Thornton for busy season from January through April. After my internship, I was asked to come speak with one of the Dallas partners about my experience. We reviewed my performance feedback received by in-charge associates and was later asked to return full time after completing Masters program.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Grant Thornton rather than other accounting firms?   Answer Question