Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.7

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Straightforward and laidback. Mostly behavioral questions. Interviewer was particularly interested in my extracurricular activities and spent a good portion talking about it. After that, the interview asked me about my past work experience and what I did within each company.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter was really nice. The questions were very open ended though. Sometimes the intent of the question was unclear and asking questions didn't provide much more information. I wasn't super prepared, so I was left wondering if I answered the question well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. Initially, the process went smooth and I received a call that I had gotten an offer. After a couple of weeks I checked up and still didn't receive it. Recently, GT asked me if I was "still interested" and I said yes and I haven't heard back and that was two weeks ago. Their public sector is ok tho lol

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I had the on-campus interview at my university. I was invited back for an interview in their local office. I was later offered the position, and I accepted the offer. It was a very straight forward process from the beginning. The recruiters kept us informed with everything that would take place.

Associate, Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Straightforward. Someone meets with you at the door to 'prep' you for the interview and make sure you're not nervous. The interview was around 30 minutes and questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were unable to get the results you wanted and how have you learned from it?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

For the internship, I first had a 30 minute behavioral style interview on campus. Then, I had an individual office visit in Dallas where I had three interviews with partners. There were some behavioral questions for the office visit, but most of the conversations were personality fit. HR got back to me very quickly after the first round, but the office took a while to coordinate my office visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with something with a different leadership style then you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had a confrontation with someone in a group. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, got the email to interview at a certain date, then at the interview, interviewer reviewed resume/transcript and asked behavioral questions. then they would email you the within the next few days to tell you if you were selected.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Coversational, so I can't tell how they were judging me. The second interviewer was just talking about her married life and just showing me the pictures of her wedding and telling me about her ethnicity the whole time.
    If i don't get it, whos fault is it?

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

went to campus career fair, Applied through campus career center and grant thornton website; got an interview invitation from campus recruiter; the interview was in gt office, the time it cost was 30 mins

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a month long process. Interviewed with five people. One in person and four via phone. The team was very friendly and the interviews were scheduled fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you are able to establish a relationship with high level executives.   Answer Question