Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

This was my third or fourth interview with a large accounting firm and the one I enjoyed the most. I was with a tax partner and the entire experience was very conversational. He mostly wanted to hear about my college experience and how I had decided on my unique double major.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to a firm of this size? (basically are we just a backup for Big 4)   1 Answer

Grant Thornton Response

Apr 13, 2017 – People & Culture

Awesome! It is so wonderful to hear about your positive experience at Grant Thornton. Thank you for your feedback and your enthusiasm. Looking forward to having you on our team!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied through my university's website and GT. Got an interview through on campus recruiting. The people were very welcoming and interview was conversational. I had two interviewers for my round one interviews; each were 30 minutes long. Afterwards, I was invited to fly to California to meet the firm.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First is an interview on campus with recruiting department. If they decide to continue then their will be an on-site interview with partners and then a lunch with all the team members.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First call was with an outside Recruiter. He was great and thought I was a strong candidate based on cultural fit as well as professional experience. The second round was another phone call, this time directly with a member of the consulting team, more culture fit and "tell us about yourself and your background" questions. The last round was an intensive 3-hour in-person process. First hour was with two Consultants who walked through my CV and probed every project and previous job. Very detailed. 2nd hour was a case study with two consultants. No prep time and the case was given orally. Needed to identify weaknesses in the P&L (they had one when I asked) and make recomendations on whether or not to drop a product line. I was then given a 2nd case study focusing on change management and workforce augmentation. The last hour was with the VP. He came off like he didn't want to be there and was annoyed I was wasting his time.

Interview Questions

• Your client is a PE Firm and they just purchased a Mom & Pop shop in CA that makes surfboards. You just got the booked and learn their operating in a deficit. What do you do?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kuwait City (Kuwait)) in October 2013.

Interview

Short and sweet. Was asked a few technical questions, but the interviewer was kind and described the working environment and the nature of work involved. The Manager was kind, funny and gracious. Very hospitable staff, took away all the nerves and chills I had before going in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Had a phone interview that covered basic interests and fit. Then had an on-site interview with 2 managers, and went out to lunch with members from the RAS team. The interviews were good conversations, fairly straightforward, nothing to trip you up. Bring questions for them after the conversation is winding down.

After that i was asked to join the full team for a happy hour, and it seemed like a good fit. i was not offered the job immediately due to a hiring hault, but after nearly 3 months, i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with adversity in a client-serving scenario (say for a client who is being difficult)?   Answer Question

VAT Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2017.

Interview

You have to complete the online application form first. Then you will receive a Video interview invitation before online tests. I received another telephone interview afterwards. If you pass the video interview straightaway, they will send you the online tests to complete

Interview Questions

• Motivational Questions, why GT why this role. they also asked about examples where you showed initiative, ownership and agility   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2017.

Interview

I was successful in the online application process and got through to the video interview stage. It involved 4 video questions and 1 written question. I had 2 minutes to prepare my answer and then 2 minutes to record my answer. For the written question I got 10 minutes to write my answer.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was through my college, they request your C.V and then they call you for interview, the interview could be of three types.. 1. Normal conversation,2. Technical( not that hard, but need some knowledge) 3. Mixed.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Made my application.After which I was invited for a video interview then a telephone interview which I was then ultimately unsuccessful. Thought the process was not too bad. Hoped they gave feedback and where you could improve but they didn't.

Interview Questions

• Why grant Thornton and not other accounting firms? Telephone   Answer Question