Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Very relaxed feel the entire process. They want to find people that fit well with their culture, so the interviews are more conversation style. They want to hear you talk about yourself, your experiences in work, school, and life.

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was an easy going conversation with 2 managers and a principal. We discussed mostly my skills and background and the position. The interview was not difficult as long as you know your resume.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 seniors, 2 managers and 2 partners. The interview was normal nothing unusual.

Some of the people I interviewed with left the firm shortly after I joined.

Interview Questions

• Normal question nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Experienced Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied to a job posting online. I was contacted the next day by HR and scheduled a phone screening. A week later I interviewed at the office with an experienced manager and the managing partner of the business line. A week later I met with the managing partner of the division. Within a week of that meeiting I had a competitive offer. Entire process was under a month.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational questions about my background, interests and experience.   Answer Question

Human Resources TERRITORY MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with Talent Aquisition Manager. Went well.
    In person interviews with the HR Director, HR Manager, peer to this role, Head.of People and Culture, two Practice Partners, 3 separate face to face interviews. I was supposed to meet the Head of the Office but was cancelled after meetings with both partners. They didn't feel I had enough experience and I have almost 20 years, really?

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers, each for 30 minutes. They mostly asked me behavioral questions and then talked about whatever I was willing to bring up. The environment in both interviews was lax.

Intern Interview

Interview

It had a pre-interview dinner the day before the interview. About 8 tables, including both tax and audit. The interview in the next day was 30 minutes, kind of laid-back. Need to take a office visit interview next week.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very causal and conversational. They were genuinely interested in getting to know you as a person. It was nice because you already knew the person interviewing you from the pre interview dinner the night before.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why GT?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a single 30 minute interview at college, then at office visit I participated in 3 30 minute interviews. The interviews were conversational and they told me after lunch their decision, which was different from every other firm I interviewed with, who called within 2 weeks or sent an email. Grant Thornton were straight shooters, I can confidently say truely care about helping their employees grow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate, because I was happy that they picked me to intern with them. After the internship process I may choose to negotiate, if they extend a full time offer.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through OCI. Very simple process. Began with interview on campus, then eight weeks later had final round at office. There were pre-interview dinners involved as well. I rather enjoyed the process, and thought it went very smoothly. Everyone at the firm is super friendly and nice, and I am looking forward to working with them.