Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I had one phone interview and then was called back for my in person interview. I interviewed in person with multiple leaders at the firm and felt I had a good grasp of the company, their current needs, and the attitude of leadership. It lasted approx. 4 hours and was completed in one visit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership role you have held and what challenges you experienced.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Athens, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was mostly a half hour conversation. There were no pre-thought out questions, just followup questions based on where the conversation went. No behavioral questions or technical questions either. Just be yourself and see if you like the people interviewing you.

BAS Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly laid back interview process that consisted of two rounds: one thirty-minute interview and two back to back thirty-minute interviews. The first interview was with a manager who asked me to walk them through my resume, along with some other fit questions. The second two interviews were much more like conversations and are used to gauge how you will fit in with the teams with whom you will be working.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about about Business Advisory Services?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict in a team but still had to come up with a deliverable.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced an institutional issue with an employer and how you overcame/changed it.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an initial call with the Employer Recruiter followed by a call with HR. A meeting was them arranged for the Partners in the local office. I was offered a position on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for GT ?   1 Answer

Summer Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (University Park, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college career services center and the Grant Thornton website. Completed two different interviews which lasted 30 minutes each. The first interview was with an associate, it was basically talking about my resume and talking about myself. The second interview was with a partner, it contain more behavioral questions about your resume.

Grow With Grant Thornton Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Bloomington, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Great experience! Interviewed with a partner of the risk advisory practice and super easy to talk to! Mostly discussed things on my resume and asked to elaborate on my experiences. Nothing too crazy, maybe a behavioral question or two. Just wanted to get to know you as a person.

Very quick turnaround from interview to recieving an invitation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

It was fairly straightforward as far as accounting interviews go - phone screening, a morning interview process, complete with in-person interviews with the partners and education about the company and culture, a lunch, and an after-work social event. Keep in mind that each piece is part of the interview. Some people don't realize that and lose the job offer because of things said at the lunch or social events.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral questions, but the second interview was all about one partner's upcoming presentation. Though, I got the feeling from discussing interview questions with others, that my experience was unique there.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I interviewed at my school. There were two back to back interviews which essentially counted as round one and round two so that students don't have to go back for an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I applied for a position in the global public sector (federal) as oppose to the other positions that they had available which may not have been in the global public center.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Usual College recruiting process. Two separate 30 minute interviews on campus followed by an office visit. Office visit includes two more interviews along with a few presentations and lunch with an associate.

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

Met with several upper managers across different departments. about 20 minutes per interview. It was fairly quick and easier than most other interviews i went on. Each manager didn't seem too knowledgable about what i w as being hired for, only 1 out of the 4.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why GT, what did you do in your old job.   1 Answer