Grant Thornton Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter which lasted for about 30 minutes. then a followup interview with the hiring manager. People were very nice during the entire hiring and interview process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

It was fairly straightforward as far as accounting interviews go - phone screening, a morning interview process, complete with in-person interviews with the partners and education about the company and culture, a lunch, and an after-work social event. Keep in mind that each piece is part of the interview. Some people don't realize that and lose the job offer because of things said at the lunch or social events.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral questions, but the second interview was all about one partner's upcoming presentation. Though, I got the feeling from discussing interview questions with others, that my experience was unique there.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I interviewed at my school. There were two back to back interviews which essentially counted as round one and round two so that students don't have to go back for an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I applied for a position in the global public sector (federal) as oppose to the other positions that they had available which may not have been in the global public center.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Usual College recruiting process. Two separate 30 minute interviews on campus followed by an office visit. Office visit includes two more interviews along with a few presentations and lunch with an associate.

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

Met with several upper managers across different departments. about 20 minutes per interview. It was fairly quick and easier than most other interviews i went on. Each manager didn't seem too knowledgable about what i w as being hired for, only 1 out of the 4.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why GT, what did you do in your old job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interviewer was very concerned about getting through my entire resume and did not focus on anyone area for very long. Was not asked any technical questions and mainly discussed my past experiences.

Advisory Interview

Application

Interview

The recruiter was really nice. The questions were very open ended though. Sometimes the intent of the question was unclear and asking questions didn't provide much more information. I wasn't super prepared, so I was left wondering if I answered the question well.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a month long process. Interviewed with five people. One in person and four via phone. The team was very friendly and the interviews were scheduled fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you are able to establish a relationship with high level executives.   Answer Question

Experienced Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied to a job posting online. I was contacted the next day by HR and scheduled a phone screening. A week later I interviewed at the office with an experienced manager and the managing partner of the business line. A week later I met with the managing partner of the division. Within a week of that meeiting I had a competitive offer. Entire process was under a month.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational questions about my background, interests and experience.   Answer Question

Human Resources TERRITORY MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with Talent Aquisition Manager. Went well.
    In person interviews with the HR Director, HR Manager, peer to this role, Head.of People and Culture, two Practice Partners, 3 separate face to face interviews. I was supposed to meet the Head of the Office but was cancelled after meetings with both partners. They didn't feel I had enough experience and I have almost 20 years, really?