Grant Thornton Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview - initial in person interview on campus followed by an assessment test in the office and 3 more interviews. Mostly around fit, but a few technical questions here and there.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Very standard process, the interviewers are very easy going. HR takes care of you and make you feel wanted. Interviews with Managers and above - about a half hour each

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

On campus interview. The interview was quite simple. The only questioned asked was "tell me about yourself?"

I know I answered the question well! I felt that by the time my interview came up, the recruiter who was a manger had already chosen someone else for the second round.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Campus recruiting interview, about 15 minutes with a manager of the firm. Then a super day interview, with three one on one panels with managers and partners. Then lunch after and a buddy to show you around the office.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Just resume and behavior based questions. As an accounting major at an accredited accounting school, all the big firms recruit really hard. After some networking, I had an interview for their leadership conference in New York and then Florida. I couldn't attend the conference in Florida but I still received an offer to be a full year intern. You really just have to network hard and be passionate about the job being offered.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths/ weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very structured process.Applied on line and Interviewed on campus , followed by 3 rounds of interviews in office.
    The interviewers were very professional and kept me engaged through out the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

First communications began at a Meet the Mid-Size Firms event, after applying online through schools career services I found out I was chosen as an interview candidate. A pre-interview event was held before first rounds and they hosted a pre-interview event at a restaurant in the city 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life you had to deal with a difficult person in a group project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

On campus interview with manager, which was pretty basic behavioral type of questions. Invited to office for super day and interviewed with 3 different levels (manager, senior, and partner)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Questions

• Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question