Grant Thornton Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Three 45-60 minute interviews back-to-back. Met with a manager, director and principal. Great experience overall. Discussed the position, relevant experience and some situational experience/behavioral questions. They talked about the company and their culture and values.

Interview Questions

• Out of the numerous job opportunities (electrical engineering) I qualify for, why did I consider going into consulting?   Answer Question
  • Talk about a time I led at team on a successful project.   Answer Question
  • Talk about how to apply the system engineering process to provide a solution to a customer's problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was thorough and it is clear they adhere to certain processes and interview guides. The process was timely. They seem to work to get ahead of other offers but don't pay as well as other firms.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Interviewers were very professional. They want to know if you fit the culture. Each interview lasted between 30 mins. to 1 hour. Good range of interviewers from manager, to experienced manager, director, and partners.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Quick and the HR department was efficient and timely with their responses. Would recommend company to friends. Quick and the HR department was efficient and timely with their responses. Would recommend company to friends

Interview Questions

• Experience? Experience? Experience? Experience? Experience?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process is straight forward. You only have to meet with one high-level interviewer. The interview process in pretty basic in comparison to Big 4 firms, where you have to meet with several individuals for vetting.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your past experience and how you think you'll be able to add value to the firm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Multi-day interview. 1st interview with two "junior" employees, 2nd day two interviews with two "senior" employees. The two initial interviews were more along the lines of welcoming, getting to know the applicant/getting to know the company. The 2nd set of interviews were the typical interview where you were asked to describe successes and failures, provide examples of past experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples in your consulting experience where you proved strong program management skills.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Quick, responsive, and thorough. Very professional. The turn around was quick in all phases, and I was kept informed. The leaders were very forthcoming in the interviews, and the whole process was was professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled a difficult situation with a client and got it back on track to a success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was highly detailed and I met with 8 different managers and senior managers over the course of three in person interviews before being hired. The managers I interviewed with were excellent. They asked me questions that were targeted to understand how I think and problem solve and what type of team player I am. All the questions were very fair and I do not think anyone was trying to intentionally ask anything that would throw you off balance, just direct questions that helped them get to know you. The personal exchanges I had with the various managers during this process where also very positive. It was actually a "fun" interview process.

Interview Questions

• I can not remember any specific questions they asked me but some where scenario based.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

did a web meeting due to out of state pleasant experience from home office, interviewed with 3 different people via a web meeting, a partner, and two managers, everyone was pleasant and informative, and helpful for the future job. I worked with all three managers I had interviewed with.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

This is for the Global Public Sector (Federal consultancy).

Fairly streamlines and quick. From initial resume drop to offer took about 3 weeks, and that included a week before a recruiter first contacted me.

First stage was a 30-45 phone call to review resume and hear about GT as a firm. Next stage was an office visit which included two interviews: one with a senior manager, another with a director (junior partner). Interview for both was fairly informal; offer came a week later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about some of the specifics on one of my jobs; couldn't tell if that was to test my knowledge or to fish about how my prior firm (a competitor) operated.   Answer Question