Grant Thornton Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was thorough and it is clear they adhere to certain processes and interview guides. The process was timely. They seem to work to get ahead of other offers but don't pay as well as other firms.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Quick and the HR department was efficient and timely with their responses. Would recommend company to friends. Quick and the HR department was efficient and timely with their responses. Would recommend company to friends

Interview Questions

• Experience? Experience? Experience? Experience? Experience?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process is straight forward. You only have to meet with one high-level interviewer. The interview process in pretty basic in comparison to Big 4 firms, where you have to meet with several individuals for vetting.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your past experience and how you think you'll be able to add value to the firm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Multi-day interview. 1st interview with two "junior" employees, 2nd day two interviews with two "senior" employees. The two initial interviews were more along the lines of welcoming, getting to know the applicant/getting to know the company. The 2nd set of interviews were the typical interview where you were asked to describe successes and failures, provide examples of past experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples in your consulting experience where you proved strong program management skills.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Quick, responsive, and thorough. Very professional. The turn around was quick in all phases, and I was kept informed. The leaders were very forthcoming in the interviews, and the whole process was was professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled a difficult situation with a client and got it back on track to a success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

This is for the Global Public Sector (Federal consultancy).

Fairly streamlines and quick. From initial resume drop to offer took about 3 weeks, and that included a week before a recruiter first contacted me.

First stage was a 30-45 phone call to review resume and hear about GT as a firm. Next stage was an office visit which included two interviews: one with a senior manager, another with a director (junior partner). Interview for both was fairly informal; offer came a week later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about some of the specifics on one of my jobs; couldn't tell if that was to test my knowledge or to fish about how my prior firm (a competitor) operated.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Hiring process was fantastic. Helpful from initial contact to end of process. Recruiter was awesome.

Interview Questions

• none. Questions were reasonable & what one would expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary wasn't negotiable & wasn't accurate (in my mind). However, it was during recession so it likely made sense.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Make sure you do some research on the company and the partners, especially on the department you want to work in. Contact a current employee [preferably a senior] and ask for some advise

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

interviewed by 3 partners....they asked very general and non invasive questions. Mostly about my personal life, previous work experiences, experiences which helped me develop as a professional. They were more interested in me as a person as opposed to me as an accountant. They wanted to see if i would be contribute as a member of their team.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time you experienced adversity in the workplace or in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was very long. Met with 4-5 people 6-7 times. The interview process was thorough. The managers and senior managers asked a lot of questions regarding background and put forth various almost real scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated the salary based on glassdoor reviews.