Grant Thornton Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was highly detailed and I met with 8 different managers and senior managers over the course of three in person interviews before being hired. The managers I interviewed with were excellent. They asked me questions that were targeted to understand how I think and problem solve and what type of team player I am. All the questions were very fair and I do not think anyone was trying to intentionally ask anything that would throw you off balance, just direct questions that helped them get to know you. The personal exchanges I had with the various managers during this process where also very positive. It was actually a "fun" interview process.

Interview Questions

• I can not remember any specific questions they asked me but some where scenario based.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was thorough and it is clear they adhere to certain processes and interview guides. The process was timely. They seem to work to get ahead of other offers but don't pay as well as other firms.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process is straight forward. You only have to meet with one high-level interviewer. The interview process in pretty basic in comparison to Big 4 firms, where you have to meet with several individuals for vetting.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your past experience and how you think you'll be able to add value to the firm.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online with a referral from a friend, then had one interview with a director and a manager. It was meant to be with a partner, but he had other business. The questions on my background were generic. It was a competency based interview. I did not get the job due to inexperience in transaction services. I was given no feedback post interview, despite asking the HR girl on the phone to speak with the director.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions, with one or two competency based questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Quick and the HR department was efficient and timely with their responses. Would recommend company to friends. Quick and the HR department was efficient and timely with their responses. Would recommend company to friends

Interview Questions

• Experience? Experience? Experience? Experience? Experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Multi-day interview. 1st interview with two "junior" employees, 2nd day two interviews with two "senior" employees. The two initial interviews were more along the lines of welcoming, getting to know the applicant/getting to know the company. The 2nd set of interviews were the typical interview where you were asked to describe successes and failures, provide examples of past experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples in your consulting experience where you proved strong program management skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First was phone screening, followed by an office visit. On office visit, I interviewed with three people (senior, director and partner). Interviews were standard questions mostly asking about experiences, knowledge of industry and why looking to join GT. Nothing out of the ordinary. Overall pretty regular in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

interviewed by 3 partners....they asked very general and non invasive questions. Mostly about my personal life, previous work experiences, experiences which helped me develop as a professional. They were more interested in me as a person as opposed to me as an accountant. They wanted to see if i would be contribute as a member of their team.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time you experienced adversity in the workplace or in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Quick, responsive, and thorough. Very professional. The turn around was quick in all phases, and I was kept informed. The leaders were very forthcoming in the interviews, and the whole process was was professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled a difficult situation with a client and got it back on track to a success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was very long. Met with 4-5 people 6-7 times. The interview process was thorough. The managers and senior managers asked a lot of questions regarding background and put forth various almost real scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated the salary based on glassdoor reviews.