Grant Thornton Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First call was with an outside Recruiter. He was great and thought I was a strong candidate based on cultural fit as well as professional experience. The second round was another phone call, this time directly with a member of the consulting team, more culture fit and "tell us about yourself and your background" questions. The last round was an intensive 3-hour in-person process. First hour was with two Consultants who walked through my CV and probed every project and previous job. Very detailed. 2nd hour was a case study with two consultants. No prep time and the case was given orally. Needed to identify weaknesses in the P&L (they had one when I asked) and make recomendations on whether or not to drop a product line. I was then given a 2nd case study focusing on change management and workforce augmentation. The last hour was with the VP. He came off like he didn't want to be there and was annoyed I was wasting his time.

Interview Questions

• Your client is a PE Firm and they just purchased a Mom & Pop shop in CA that makes surfboards. You just got the booked and learn their operating in a deficit. What do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process is normal. They really go through background check and make sure you are the right candidate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

Questions based on Accounting standards and audit procedures will be asked. Examples from the previous experience will be asked to quote and how the same was tackled. There are three rounds i.e HR round, Manager round and Partner round.

Interview Questions

• Share some scenario from the previous company and how you tackled the same   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Mumbai (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

Depends on the person taking interview and his mood

Negotiation

No negotiation was done by management

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2019.

Interview

First interview was a phone call with the recruiter which was pre-screening questions. Second interview was an in-person interview with the hiring manager and his associate.

The second interview was in Mississauga, Ontario, which was where the new Business Technology Consulting group was located. I live in the suburbs and took a while to drive there, but arrived on time. It started off by one of the interviewers playing a “fun game”. I was asked to provide instructions on building a block to the associate who had his eyes closed. I was only allowed to use words to describe what he needed to do to replicate the blocks.

The next question was about my work history - my resume was a one-pager which only included my most recent work over the last 5 years as I worked contract and held multiple positions. After I told the hiring manager about my previous experience prior to the 5 years experience, he asked me to provide the reasons why I left each of my jobs. I worked contract mostly so this was a tricky question, but I responded with full transparency and honesty. After that, the interview abruptly stopped the interview and told me that I was not a good fit at all.

If they already had a bias against contractors switching jobs, I believe they could’ve gone over this on the phone interview instead of asking me to travel to their head office to meet in person. The interviewers already knew I was a contractor before and I held multiple positions. I also disclosed the reason why I wanted to become a full time employee at the firm. Overall, I felt that the in-person interviewers were quite disrespectful and dwelled too much on the past rather than focus on my skills and what I can provide for their practice. If they had a bias against me based on my resume, they could’ve asked the reasons why over the phone rather than ask me to drive an hour to their office, pay for parking, and then spend 30 minutes with me asking about my past.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you left your job   1 Answer