Grant Thornton Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Team was very nice who interviewed. They did a good job of explaining the local client base and what to expect on the job. They flew me down to meet with their team and interview. They came back with an offer the day after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the HR team, and asked basic questions about my background and experience and notified that my resume was being passed on to the hiring manager

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The interviewers are pretty casual and they are very engaging. They did not treat us to dinner or recruit intensively as they were losing interest as students were going straight to the big four or industry and rejecting their offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your greatest strengths and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Typical phone interview questioning, followed by a face to face. Interview with all managers (5) for 20 minutes a piece.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

I did OCR interview. 30 min with HR and 30 min with an Audit partner. The pre-night reception was worth going, just to mingle with the current employees in a not-so-formal environment and get to know your interviewers. I didn't get the offer but love the culture, people are very nice and laid-back.

Interview Questions

• I didn't prepare my questions. the interview with partner was more like a conversation but instead I was too nervous. Just relax and enjoy the conversation, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee and received an email response within a week. After the email I was contacted by phone for a brief phone interview and then called in for an in person interview. The interview consisted of two 30-45 minute sessions with separate interviewers.

Interview Questions

• As I was currently employed, I was asked why I was looking for a new job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Resume was sent over by family member. Initially contacted by recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Then a face to face interview was setup. Face to face interview was conducted one and then an offer was given the next day. Very smooth process. I would advise anyone going in to brush up on their interview skills and to have as much information on the Firm as possible. It is a partnership so information is somewhat limited.

Interview Questions

• Not a terribly difficult interview. Not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest I had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Reno, NV) in October 2012.

Interview

Very typical interview on campus. It felt like the recruiter had a list of questions and asked the same thing every time so it wasn't very personal. It lasted about 20 minutes. I didn't feel they were really interested to get to know a person. I was one of the last people interviewed so maybe the recruiter was just tired. The atmosphere was pretty friendly.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Unique process through which applicants are tested on their ability to thoroughly convey themselves in a professional environment under pressure. Applicants are given 1.5 minutes to respond to 3 genera questions after given 30 second to prepare a response.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Video interview (film responses in advance), invite for in-person interview (this was a phone call), interview at office (office differed depending on date chosen). There was a bit of a wait when I'd gotten there. There were two very friendly managers in the room. Was asked to go over resume in detail. Although didn't get offer, received phone call with some positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict, had difficulty with a team member. Mostly behavioural questions.   Answer Question