Grant Thornton Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Staff Accountant Interview Questions

3.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the HR team, and asked basic questions about my background and experience and notified that my resume was being passed on to the hiring manager

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

I did OCR interview. 30 min with HR and 30 min with an Audit partner. The pre-night reception was worth going, just to mingle with the current employees in a not-so-formal environment and get to know your interviewers. I didn't get the offer but love the culture, people are very nice and laid-back.

Interview Questions

• I didn't prepare my questions. the interview with partner was more like a conversation but instead I was too nervous. Just relax and enjoy the conversation, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee and received an email response within a week. After the email I was contacted by phone for a brief phone interview and then called in for an in person interview. The interview consisted of two 30-45 minute sessions with separate interviewers.

Interview Questions

• As I was currently employed, I was asked why I was looking for a new job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Reno, NV) in October 2012.

Interview

Very typical interview on campus. It felt like the recruiter had a list of questions and asked the same thing every time so it wasn't very personal. It lasted about 20 minutes. I didn't feel they were really interested to get to know a person. I was one of the last people interviewed so maybe the recruiter was just tired. The atmosphere was pretty friendly.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Video interview (film responses in advance), invite for in-person interview (this was a phone call), interview at office (office differed depending on date chosen). There was a bit of a wait when I'd gotten there. There were two very friendly managers in the room. Was asked to go over resume in detail. Although didn't get offer, received phone call with some positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict, had difficulty with a team member. Mostly behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through university, got invitation to a digital interview two days later. For the digital interview, it was 10 minutes and 4 questions in total. 30 seconds to prepare for each question and 1.5 minutes to answer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. about 5 days following the online submission, got an email saying I landed an online based interview. After the first interview while I was waiting for the reply for months, I figured I did not make it

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone Interview first and then interview in person. Never got to the second step though.

They were very nice. Phone interview are basic general questions to weed people out, which I know now.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Questions were very professional. Phone interview then in person. Very to the point. Responses were within a few days. Called to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Received my first interview with Grant Thornton and overall they came off very nice. Asked basic questions like tell me about yourself. Dug a little deeper by asking to walk through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Overall was about 20min. Manage questions concisely to get the most out of the interview.