Grant Thornton Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The interviewers are pretty casual and they are very engaging. They did not treat us to dinner or recruit intensively as they were losing interest as students were going straight to the big four or industry and rejecting their offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your greatest strengths and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Team was very nice who interviewed. They did a good job of explaining the local client base and what to expect on the job. They flew me down to meet with their team and interview. They came back with an offer the day after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Unique process through which applicants are tested on their ability to thoroughly convey themselves in a professional environment under pressure. Applicants are given 1.5 minutes to respond to 3 genera questions after given 30 second to prepare a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. about 5 days following the online submission, got an email saying I landed an online based interview. After the first interview while I was waiting for the reply for months, I figured I did not make it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Reno, NV) in October 2012.

Interview

Very typical interview on campus. It felt like the recruiter had a list of questions and asked the same thing every time so it wasn't very personal. It lasted about 20 minutes. I didn't feel they were really interested to get to know a person. I was one of the last people interviewed so maybe the recruiter was just tired. The atmosphere was pretty friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the HR team, and asked basic questions about my background and experience and notified that my resume was being passed on to the hiring manager

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Video interview (film responses in advance), invite for in-person interview (this was a phone call), interview at office (office differed depending on date chosen). There was a bit of a wait when I'd gotten there. There were two very friendly managers in the room. Was asked to go over resume in detail. Although didn't get offer, received phone call with some positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict, had difficulty with a team member. Mostly behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through university, got invitation to a digital interview two days later. For the digital interview, it was 10 minutes and 4 questions in total. 30 seconds to prepare for each question and 1.5 minutes to answer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone Interview first and then interview in person. Never got to the second step though.

They were very nice. Phone interview are basic general questions to weed people out, which I know now.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Questions were very professional. Phone interview then in person. Very to the point. Responses were within a few days. Called to tell me that I didn't get the job.