Grant Thornton Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Tax Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

It was fairly straightforward as far as accounting interviews go - phone screening, a morning interview process, complete with in-person interviews with the partners and education about the company and culture, a lunch, and an after-work social event. Keep in mind that each piece is part of the interview. Some people don't realize that and lose the job offer because of things said at the lunch or social events.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral questions, but the second interview was all about one partner's upcoming presentation. Though, I got the feeling from discussing interview questions with others, that my experience was unique there.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Usual College recruiting process. Two separate 30 minute interviews on campus followed by an office visit. Office visit includes two more interviews along with a few presentations and lunch with an associate.

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

Met with several upper managers across different departments. about 20 minutes per interview. It was fairly quick and easier than most other interviews i went on. Each manager didn't seem too knowledgable about what i w as being hired for, only 1 out of the 4.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why GT, what did you do in your old job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interviewer was very concerned about getting through my entire resume and did not focus on anyone area for very long. Was not asked any technical questions and mainly discussed my past experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an easy interview. Talked with a manager first and then with a partner. They were nice people. The manager went through my resume thoroughly and the partner asked behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 senior individuals in their offices. This gave me a well rounded picture of the atmosphere and the culture of Grant Thornton. The total process took around 1.5 hours and I was pleased with the process. Each interviewee took the time to ask important questions and seemed genuinely interested in my answers.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2016.

Interview

In office visit. It was very informal and seemed more to be a personality fit. No technical questions were asked. There are group exercises such as making a building with Lefos in a team. then you have lunch with a group of interviewees and two staff members. There are also two one on one interviews. There was a pre night interview dinner in Clayton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University career center and got an on-campus interview. I was invited to a second interview/office visit a month later. The second interview was three 30 minute one-on-one interviews that focused mainly on personality/compatibility with the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone who was confrontational/hard to work with and how did you deal with this person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Athens, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was on campus. First interview was more conversation based. Asking about myself and my resume. It was an easy interview. It was conducted in two 30 minutes interview with two separate employees. One was a manager and the other partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview then office interview. They had a social event where you can come and meet people before the interview. Pass the interview on campus . For office interview, I interviewed with two different tax partners at the firm. They didn't contact me until one month later by sending me an email saying that I didn't make it.