Grant Thornton Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

It was fairly straightforward as far as accounting interviews go - phone screening, a morning interview process, complete with in-person interviews with the partners and education about the company and culture, a lunch, and an after-work social event. Keep in mind that each piece is part of the interview. Some people don't realize that and lose the job offer because of things said at the lunch or social events.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral questions, but the second interview was all about one partner's upcoming presentation. Though, I got the feeling from discussing interview questions with others, that my experience was unique there.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Usual College recruiting process. Two separate 30 minute interviews on campus followed by an office visit. Office visit includes two more interviews along with a few presentations and lunch with an associate.

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

Met with several upper managers across different departments. about 20 minutes per interview. It was fairly quick and easier than most other interviews i went on. Each manager didn't seem too knowledgable about what i w as being hired for, only 1 out of the 4.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why GT, what did you do in your old job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interviewer was very concerned about getting through my entire resume and did not focus on anyone area for very long. Was not asked any technical questions and mainly discussed my past experiences.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2016.

Interview

In office visit. It was very informal and seemed more to be a personality fit. No technical questions were asked. There are group exercises such as making a building with Lefos in a team. then you have lunch with a group of interviewees and two staff members. There are also two one on one interviews. There was a pre night interview dinner in Clayton

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Face to face interview session with the tax partner in charge. If the partner likes your resume, it safe to say that she would offer u the job on the spot

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

The interview process is relatively easy, no assessment at all, eg english test, IQ test or characteristic test. It's only a face to face interview with a senior management. No technical question was asked in the interview, only some questions on your education background and some questions to judge whether you fit company culture. They appreciated fast learner. Don't have to be nervous in this interview, nothing difficult, just answer honestly to all the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 senior individuals in their offices. This gave me a well rounded picture of the atmosphere and the culture of Grant Thornton. The total process took around 1.5 hours and I was pleased with the process. Each interviewee took the time to ask important questions and seemed genuinely interested in my answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an easy interview. Talked with a manager first and then with a partner. They were nice people. The manager went through my resume thoroughly and the partner asked behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University career center and got an on-campus interview. I was invited to a second interview/office visit a month later. The second interview was three 30 minute one-on-one interviews that focused mainly on personality/compatibility with the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone who was confrontational/hard to work with and how did you deal with this person?   Answer Question