Grant Thornton Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

2.5

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

Was supposed to be relaxed but didn't prepare well. interviewed by 2 directors, they ask standard questions such as why tax? advice is to prepare more so you can give a good answer on standard questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Athens, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was on campus. First interview was more conversation based. Asking about myself and my resume. It was an easy interview. It was conducted in two 30 minutes interview with two separate employees. One was a manager and the other partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview then office interview. They had a social event where you can come and meet people before the interview. Pass the interview on campus . For office interview, I interviewed with two different tax partners at the firm. They didn't contact me until one month later by sending me an email saying that I didn't make it.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

You're told what to expect, 3 competencies that they're looking for and motivations for the role and the company, and the interview doesn't extend beyond that so you definitely can prepare. With regards to motivations, I would recommend thinking about why you have applied for that particular role, how the company stands out from its competitors and have an understanding of what you would be doing in the role, both day-to-day and as part of the contract duration. Also research into what the qualification exams you have to take are about (I knew almost nothing about that and had to admit that over the phone but still made it through to the next round!).

If parts of your interview are not up to standard there's a short follow up call where they prompt you for those parts so knowing that the video interview doesn't really have to go perfectly took the pressure off and I think I performed better than I would have otherwise because of that. During the video interview you have 2 minutes to prepare and 2 minutes to answer (remember, not a maximum) and I found it much easier than the standard 30 seconds prep, 1 min 30 seconds answer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

It was fairly straightforward as far as accounting interviews go - phone screening, a morning interview process, complete with in-person interviews with the partners and education about the company and culture, a lunch, and an after-work social event. Keep in mind that each piece is part of the interview. Some people don't realize that and lose the job offer because of things said at the lunch or social events.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral questions, but the second interview was all about one partner's upcoming presentation. Though, I got the feeling from discussing interview questions with others, that my experience was unique there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Usual College recruiting process. Two separate 30 minute interviews on campus followed by an office visit. Office visit includes two more interviews along with a few presentations and lunch with an associate.

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

Met with several upper managers across different departments. about 20 minutes per interview. It was fairly quick and easier than most other interviews i went on. Each manager didn't seem too knowledgable about what i w as being hired for, only 1 out of the 4.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why GT, what did you do in your old job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interviewer was very concerned about getting through my entire resume and did not focus on anyone area for very long. Was not asked any technical questions and mainly discussed my past experiences.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2016.

Interview

In office visit. It was very informal and seemed more to be a personality fit. No technical questions were asked. There are group exercises such as making a building with Lefos in a team. then you have lunch with a group of interviewees and two staff members. There are also two one on one interviews. There was a pre night interview dinner in Clayton

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Face to face interview session with the tax partner in charge. If the partner likes your resume, it safe to say that she would offer u the job on the spot