Grant Thornton Interview Questions in Tulsa, OK | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Tulsa, OK) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially there was an on-campus interview with one of the partners. He asked some typical interview questions that you would expect to get a feel for you as a candidate. After a week or so, I received an email from their recruiter telling me that I was invited for an office visit. There were 3 interviews during this time. One with a partner and two with managers. These were all very informal, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do rather than myself. They were trying to sell them as a good place to work. They then took us out to lunch and back to the office to hang out and eat ice cream.

Interview Questions

• The one that keps coming up was asking what I liked to do in my spare time. They wanted to know how we keep busy outside of work and school to allow for growth outside of work.   Answer Question

For the Tulsa office, it seemed extremely well positioned. They focus on small and mid cap companies, which is perfect for that area. There was a reason why Big 4 moved from the area, but that leaves the market open for GT to thrive.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Tulsa, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

One 30 minute interview with one employee. Very relaxed interview. He told me a lot about the position and asked very generic questions. The interviewer was very personable and seemed to care a lot about me and my interests. The recruiter sat outside the room and once I left she talked to me about my experience and was very upfront with when I was to be hearing from them on the outcome of the interview. Very quick turn around as I heard back 2 days later that I had been accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

• More about myself and what I wanted to do in the future than anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told me I got accepted into the program and I said yes to their invitation.