Grant Thornton UK LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton UK LLP Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Technology Risk Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather strange, as they use digital interviewing where you are shown questions on screen and then record yourself (within a strict time limit). I felt that it was a very impersonal way of interviewing because there were no follow up questions and the response time was extremely limited (just two minutes). There were practice questions but I found them quite misleading because they allowed 3 minutes for answering.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk us through an achievement that really highlights your ability to take ownership of something.   Answer Question

Actuarial and Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in November 2016.

Interview

Online application form with a few standard questions about motivation for applying, education and understanding of the core values of the company. Phone call from an HR rep to invite to video interview if successful. Video interview has all questions mentioned here previously in the same order. Regardless of success you get a follow up call to get feedback.

Tax Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

After the initial online application, I was asked to take part in GT's digital interview. The process was certainly unique - I haven't heard of any other professional services firm using this method as part of their graduate selection process - and it's fairly straightforward. You're given some time to practice with some trial questions they give you - however, from my experience, I did not find these questions at all comparable to the actual questions being asked in the interview, so do be warned! The interview was approx 15 mins long and there were 6 questions in all, including a written question. To be honest, I think it intentionally tries to throw you off, but overall, the questions weren't particularly difficult, just required a bit of prior preparation to get used to the set-up.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will be doing on a day to day basis as part of our grad scheme? (and give specifics)   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple online form followed by a video interview. Video interview asks six questions and you get two minutes to prepare your answer followed by a set amount of time to record your answer. One answer requires a written response instead of a recorded one. You are allowed unlimited practices with practice questions, but only one attempt at the real recorded answer.

I was unsuccessful at this stage, however, I received a feedback call from GT to discuss my video interview and how I could improve my answers in future.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself?
      Q: What do you expect to be doing day-to-day in your role?
      Q: Why GT?
      Q: A few competency questions (showing initiative, leadership, team skills for example)
      Answer Question

Tax Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Interview

I got a chance to have digital interview for 2016 tax graduate programme. Questions are same and you can check those posts on Glassdoor. But it seemed they did not watch my digital interview and gave me a email said that the position were filled and they would like to move my application to 2017 graduate programme on September. And it's strange that they always sent email at late night or on weekend. But it's not a big problem anyway.

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

There was an interview with two senior people, quite informal and made me feel at ease. I wanted the job after that interview. Second interview with the Director and another senior member, with a technical section. All very well done.

Management Consulting Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Interview

The online application process involved some relatively straightforward competency questions, and the online test was very simple. I easily got to the first screening stage, the "digital interview."

They didn't inform me until I attempted to begin the digital interview (i.e, done via webcam to a recording of an interviewer) that they expected me to wear a suit, meaning I had to postpone when I planned to do it so I could change. Fortunately the digital format meant I could easily re-schedule it without contacting anybody.

The digital interview took approximately 15 minutes and (strangely) included an essay component at the end. I would recommend practicing digital interviews online before attempting. I (not unexpectedly) found out I failed it a few days later, and was given some feedback the next week- I had not expanded my answers enough- a mistake I had made from being used to follow-up questions in standard interview formats.

Interview Questions

• Our CLEARR values are; Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
      Pick just two of these and tell us in around 250 words why they mean the most to you?
      Answer Question

Southampton Audit Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Interview

Initial online application with questions regarding CLEARR values
    Digital interview, questions as follows:
    1) Tell me about yourself (1 minute)
    2) Can you talk us through an achievement that really highlights your ability to take ownership of something (2 minutes)
    3) Tell us a time you took initiative for something? (2 minutes)
    4) An essay to write, not a video response to Write about an experience you have had that gives us an insight into how you embrace unexpected change? (I think it was something like 300 words in 10 minutes)
    5) What you think will be doing at Grant Thornton and why it excites you? (2 minutes)
    6)Why do you think GT is the right place for you? (2 minutes)

I heard about a week later that I passed this and had 3 psychometric tests and am still waiting for the assessment centre.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Filled in a quick online form before being invited to take part in the digital interview. There were 5 verbal questions and a written question. After this I had a follow-up interview over telephone, which was difficult although they were slightly lenient considering they called me 10 minutes late! Following the telephone interview I was subsequently sent an invitation to the online tests where I was ultimately unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Interview

A digital interview which covered questions ranging from giving information about yourself to reasons why I applied to GT to competency based questions. All questions required oral response but one required a written response.