Graphic World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Graphic World Interview Questions

3.2

Project Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Graphic World (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Complex but fast. Edit tests, phone interview, and two in-person interviews. I had to travel a lot and mentioned that I would do it at my own expense, and that seemed to help. Friendly but not overly warm in the interview process. Definitely responded quickly and everything went very smoothly overall.

Interview Questions

• They're very big on scenarios about potential customers.   Answer Question

Publishing Project Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graphic World (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and shortly after I received an email from HR asking if I was comfortable with their salary offer. I said yes and at least a week later (they are horrible on following up) I got sent some basic editing tests to fill out. I completed and returned but never heard anything back. I sent an email to HR to touch base but they never responded. I was not impressed with their lack of communication.

Journal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Graphic World (Maryland Heights, MO).

Interview

Two steps of on-line email testing including a basic editing exam, proof reading, and some logic questions. Nothing surprising or difficult. Two in person interviews on separate days. Questions were the standard expected interview questions. Focus was on problem solving situations, client service issues, etc.. Interviewers were friendly and did not interrupt responses. They were interested in the answers supplied. Overall, a good experience.

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graphic World (Maryland Heights, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

I was invited to take an editorial test which consisted of a spelling/grammar quiz and a proofreading exercise. I was given a dictionary and a Chicago Manual of Style for reference, which I appreciated. Afterwards, I had a very brief interview with HR, who was new to the job, and could answer none of my questions. It was a pleasant but brief exchange, and I was told that if the production manager was happy with the results of the test, I would be called back for a second interview. The fact that I wasn't called back for a second interview is not what burns me about the experience--what bothers me is, I was never contacted again. No "Thank you, but we've chosen a different applicant" e-mail, nothing. If I am going to take time from my current job to drive in for an interview and take an editorial test, the least I expect is a follow-up e-mail once the decision is made. It is common courtesy and takes all of 30 seconds. Instead, the lack of consideration informed me about what kind of morale and environment I could expect at Graphic World: not very good.

Freelance Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graphic World (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2008.

Interview

I was given one interview and signed on as a contract employee. The interview was extremely difficult. The interviewer reviewed my portfolio and asked me only a few questions, but they were very in-depth. Be prepared to describe exactly what you can do. Don't hold back; feel free to show off.

Interview Questions

• I was given a sheet of typed information and asked to proofread it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'd suggest accepting exactly what they give you - I guarantee it will be far better than your expectations.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graphic World (Chandigarh (India)).

Interview

PATHETIC COMPANY..!! PATHETIC HR..!! PATHETIC Manager..!!

i applied for their child company which is GW tech located in chandigarh.
    they selected me but later told me you are rejected.. this is highly unprofessional. why they made me wait for days and then later rejected me.

PATHETIC

Interview Questions

• basic java questions. collections, threading,strings etc.
      draw star pattern using java.
      why you want to join us.   Answer Question