Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Canvass Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Canvass Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Grassroots Campaigns

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Several phone calls with people spread though different departments. Follow up on recommendations. Questions regarding previous work experience and how they relate to this position. Policy interest questions, which seemed to have no effect on the position offered Regardless of your experience you will be asked to start at bottom and make significant moves across the nation some of which maybe covered, some which may not be. If supporter housing not available you will be asked to share hotels/airbnb with several coworkers even sometimes required to share a single bed with an other coworker. Interview was extremely easy as turn out around is incredibly high due to low compensation/ lack or recognition and zero training,

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

I had a phone interview and it was just ok. They didn't really ask any of the "typical" interview questions. Lasted only about 15-20 minutes. The man interviewing me kept putting me on hold because people kept knocking on his door, which was a little awkward for the pace of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Straightforward and easy interview process overall. After applying online, I had a 20 minute phone interview, then a 1 hour video interview and received an offer about a week later. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very strange. I had two interviews but the questions they asked were very dry. The two people conducting the interview did not seem interested at all. I never received any feedback after the second interview. They did not even send a denial letter. Do not apply to work here and the pay is not that great either.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a volunteer that was not cooperating?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process seemed to be going well, until all contact was suddenly dropped. Was contacted by phone to set up a phone interview a couple days after applying online. The phone interview went well (basic questions about my experience and what causes I personally am passionate about) and I was informed that I had moved on to the next phase, which was a face to face interview with the local office. The interviewer (at the national office in Boston) said she would email to confirm my face-to-face interview, but I never received that confirmation so I emailed to follow up. Then the interviewer responded that the interview would need to be rescheduled for a few days later, and that I would receive direct contact from the local office. After that, I received yet another email from her saying that the head of the local office was sick and the interview would again need to be pushed back. Each time she was apologetic and seemed to be intent on making the interview happen. However I never heard from the local office as she promised and thus never had the face-to-face interview. Based on other reviews, I dodged a bullet, but this was an incredibly unprofessional experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

My interviewer clearly had a bottled spiel to give me and then asked a few questions about my interests and qualifications. There was lots of background noise including other phone conversations, which was quite distracting. The interview ended when they asked me about relocation, to which I replied that I can only stay in Oregon at the moment. Even though their job posting lists Oregon and they have four current idealist.org postings (all for the same position but worded differently--weird) for Portland, they told me that they don't have an active office in Portland anymore and therefore couldn't move forward. I pointed out that they should probably get on updating those.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was a quick phone conversation obviously intended to screen applicants. I made it through to the second interview which was via Skype; this one lasted about 30 minutes with more in-depth questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Grassroots Campaigns?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

There is first a short phone interview which seems like more of a screening. Then you are asked to schedule an interview at one their offices. That interview lasted about 40 minutes and has fairly typical questions. I'd recommend knowing why you really want to work for them and also a little bit about the organizations that they campaign for. I was interviewed by a Director who was very friendly and nice! You are also told more about the company and the job, this is the part that I did not like because the expect 60-80 hours a week which I cannot see myself doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Berkeley, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening, which lasted about 5 minutes. It felt generally informal and was supposed to allow for the interviewer to see what sorts of social issues you've engaged with. Minimal answers seemed to suffice to prompt an in-person interview.

1st round in-person interview asked similar questions as phone interview. What issues do you care about? What issues do you think are most important?

2nd round was more intensive to ask about leadership experience, campaign experience, fundraising experience, drives, and passions.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any experience in turning someone into a leader?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Davis, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at my school's job fair and had a great talk with him about his experience with Grassroots. Had a follow up interview the next day, which was also positive. Was mostly asked about recruiting skills and time management. I was very interested in the position until I read negative reviews about the low pay, long hours, and mistreatment. I was excited to move onto a second interview, but declined the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What experience I've had in recruiting that could be beneficial to Grassroots.   Answer Question