Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Grassroots Campaigns

2.2

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in June 2016.

Interview

I completed a phone interview first. At the end of the phone call, I was asked if I'd be willing to do an in-person interview. I completed the in-person interview the next morning.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (York, ME).

Interview

Had three interviews all together. None of them face to face, the second one was via Skype. They asked general questions. They were great, but you had the feeling they would hire any one that agreed with their political agenda. A everyone I spoke to was within a year of graduating from college.

Interview Questions

They chose a location that was 2:44 hours commute for me with an 80 hour work week, at $25K per year..... No thanks!

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in November 2015.

Interview

1st Round - Phone Interview 15-20 mins; Asked about experience in non-profit, volunteer, canvassing etc. Short interview with second interview offered at the end.
    2nd Round - Skype Interview 30-45 mins; Continued with deeper analysis of experience with leadership and hard-work. Know about the company and its work! As well as the position your applying for. Stated that they would get back to me within 2 weeks, had an offer 4 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

1.Contacted for a phone interview (a day or two after I applied online) by hiring manager not from the local chapter. Lasted no longer than an hour. Asked me if I would be willing to relocate, and if I was okay with working very long hours.
    2. In person interview at their local site. Lasted for about an hour.
    Both were friendly and professional. The office was run down and small, but the staff was
    friendly and inviting. Both individuals were easy to contact and responded fairly fast via email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you handled a crisis?
      What current social issues interest you the most?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Gainesville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

It's a very casual interview process that they try to make seem is more competitive and serious than it really is but they will literally hire anyone because they know it's an awful job. They consist of a phone and Skype interview at which they will gage your interests and see if you have even the slightest awareness of social issues in America. They will be misleading with your job responsibilities and claim you will be "fighting" for various social rights and have a role in various campaigns when in reality they just need canvassers to get money from people on the streets.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Phila, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

One phone interview. One skype interview. I waited three weeks. (suposed to be one). I called back. I had at least three different recruiters contact me. Finally, the lead Director calls. Two days to pack up, train in D.C., open an office in Minniapolis im one day. Declined.
    Call back in September. Accepted. Used my own money to fly to Philadelphia. I had to find my own way to the Office in a new city (red flag). felt like I was being trained to sell used cars. Thirteen hour days, never knew where, we were staying the night. Dragged my suitcase alll over Philly. Total chaos. Told to find my own acccommodations. $25,000, at least 80 hours a week, no support, came to $7.00 an hour. You cannot exist on this "salary."
    I left. Gladly. THE most horrible campaign experience EVER. And, I have been doing this for 20 years. Do NOT even apply unless, you have a savings account t live on.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was told to come in for my Assistant Director interview. Upon my arrival at the office, I was told to sit amongst the canvasser candidates as the staff appeared disorganized and did not know I was there for an Assistant Director interview. After a series of miscommunications, my interview finally started 30 minutes late and took place in a Pret A Manger nearby instead of in the office. I was asked a series of relevant questions and then told that the salary for the position would be $35,100 which it turns out was false as the pay rate was actually non-salary at $12.28 an hour.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to take an active role in political organizing?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have in politics/political organizing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (El Monte, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had 3 interviews all over the phone and took me about 2 weeks. First interview was with a recruiter, then by a regional director and finally with the national director.
    I originally applied for the director position in their Los Angeles office however, once I spoke with the national director I was told that they wanted me to start as a canvassers (lowest position available) and then they would work me up the "latter" and then they would trained me to become a director if they liked my work despite my background and experience in the field. I was not a fan of this considering all the trouble I went through. Ultimately I accepted the canvassing job.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two step interview process: I applied online through Indeed.com or something and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The recruiters are super nice, they give you detailed descriptions of the job. The first interview was over the phone and I was basically just asked the generic interview questions, why do you want to work here, are you open to relocated, etc. The second interview was over Skype and was very informal. I was mostly just asked how I work with a team and to describe certain experiences that might relate to the job description. I got a call back a few days later with a job offer. They did a background check and I was told that I'd need to be in Denver at the beginning of the following month.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Three over the phone interviews, mostly asking about political agendas. They look for liberal responses, very friendly, and easy-going. About a few days between each call, all asking similar questions from people in different departments.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about...company they are working for at the time.   Answer Question