Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Grassroots Campaigns

2.2

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in June 2016.

Interview

I completed a phone interview first. At the end of the phone call, I was asked if I'd be willing to do an in-person interview. I completed the in-person interview the next morning.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (York, ME).

Interview

Had three interviews all together. None of them face to face, the second one was via Skype. They asked general questions. They were great, but you had the feeling they would hire any one that agreed with their political agenda. A everyone I spoke to was within a year of graduating from college.

Interview Questions

They chose a location that was 2:44 hours commute for me with an 80 hour work week, at $25K per year..... No thanks!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was told to come in for my Assistant Director interview. Upon my arrival at the office, I was told to sit amongst the canvasser candidates as the staff appeared disorganized and did not know I was there for an Assistant Director interview. After a series of miscommunications, my interview finally started 30 minutes late and took place in a Pret A Manger nearby instead of in the office. I was asked a series of relevant questions and then told that the salary for the position would be $35,100 which it turns out was false as the pay rate was actually non-salary at $12.28 an hour.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to take an active role in political organizing?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have in politics/political organizing?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two step interview process: I applied online through Indeed.com or something and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The recruiters are super nice, they give you detailed descriptions of the job. The first interview was over the phone and I was basically just asked the generic interview questions, why do you want to work here, are you open to relocated, etc. The second interview was over Skype and was very informal. I was mostly just asked how I work with a team and to describe certain experiences that might relate to the job description. I got a call back a few days later with a job offer. They did a background check and I was told that I'd need to be in Denver at the beginning of the following month.

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (El Monte, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had 3 interviews all over the phone and took me about 2 weeks. First interview was with a recruiter, then by a regional director and finally with the national director.
    I originally applied for the director position in their Los Angeles office however, once I spoke with the national director I was told that they wanted me to start as a canvassers (lowest position available) and then they would work me up the "latter" and then they would trained me to become a director if they liked my work despite my background and experience in the field. I was not a fan of this considering all the trouble I went through. Ultimately I accepted the canvassing job.

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Spartanburg, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was quite confusing because a recruiter came to my college campus and had me talk about my general experience and then asked some vague questions. It wasn't until about halfway through our conversation that I realized it was a job interview. At the end of our conversation, he told me to send him my resume and that he would count this as my first round interview. He then passed along his notes and the next day I was contacted by someone at the central office to set up a Skype interview. The questions were more or less the same as the ones in the first round, but I was asked to go into more detail. Since I had already had so much nonprofit experience, it was mainly me talking about those experiences. Because of that reason, I felt confident because I was just talking from my heart. After the second round, I followed up a couple of times, and was asked my top three locations. Within the week, I had an offer and was given three days to think it over. I accepted and they wanted me ASAP, but I needed to graduate college and get my ducks in a row first, so they gave me a month a a half. No help with moving, no help finding housing.

Interview Questions

• Had I mentored anyone and was their success because of that mentoring measurable   Answer Question
    • Would I be comfortable working 60+ hour weeks   Answer Question
    • What is your driving passion or something along these lines   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Three over the phone interviews, mostly asking about political agendas. They look for liberal responses, very friendly, and easy-going. About a few days between each call, all asking similar questions from people in different departments.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about...company they are working for at the time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Round one interview over the phone. 15 minutes. Round 2 interview in person. Look around the office. Don't let them hide you. About 30 to 45 minutes. Courting calls because people don't show up to the bad job.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle long hours with low pay?   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

I submitted an application on the company website and was contacted in less than a week by a recruiter. I had a short 20 minute phone interview first, followed by 1 hour in person interview. My interviewer was very upfront about the large time commitment the position entails, which is 80+ hours a week. After traveling all the way to NYC on a holiday weekend for the interview, I literally never heard from them again, despite attempts to follow up. This is incredibly disrespectful to prospective candidates. A simple, sorry we've decided to go in a different direction would have taken less than 5 minutes and not left such a negative impression on me. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a skype interview. The first phone call lasted around 30 minutes, and went through my resume and asked about past experience. The skype interview discussed my motivation for the job and whether I would fit with the existing team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, although they were surprised I asked for a day to consider the offer.