Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Grassroots Campaigns

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was told to come in for my Assistant Director interview. Upon my arrival at the office, I was told to sit amongst the canvasser candidates as the staff appeared disorganized and did not know I was there for an Assistant Director interview. After a series of miscommunications, my interview finally started 30 minutes late and took place in a Pret A Manger nearby instead of in the office. I was asked a series of relevant questions and then told that the salary for the position would be $35,100 which it turns out was false as the pay rate was actually non-salary at $12.28 an hour.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to take an active role in political organizing?   Answer Question
  • What experience do you have in politics/political organizing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two step interview process: I applied online through Indeed.com or something and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The recruiters are super nice, they give you detailed descriptions of the job. The first interview was over the phone and I was basically just asked the generic interview questions, why do you want to work here, are you open to relocated, etc. The second interview was over Skype and was very informal. I was mostly just asked how I work with a team and to describe certain experiences that might relate to the job description. I got a call back a few days later with a job offer. They did a background check and I was told that I'd need to be in Denver at the beginning of the following month.

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (El Monte, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had 3 interviews all over the phone and took me about 2 weeks. First interview was with a recruiter, then by a regional director and finally with the national director.
    I originally applied for the director position in their Los Angeles office however, once I spoke with the national director I was told that they wanted me to start as a canvassers (lowest position available) and then they would work me up the "latter" and then they would trained me to become a director if they liked my work despite my background and experience in the field. I was not a fan of this considering all the trouble I went through. Ultimately I accepted the canvassing job.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Spartanburg, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was quite confusing because a recruiter came to my college campus and had me talk about my general experience and then asked some vague questions. It wasn't until about halfway through our conversation that I realized it was a job interview. At the end of our conversation, he told me to send him my resume and that he would count this as my first round interview. He then passed along his notes and the next day I was contacted by someone at the central office to set up a Skype interview. The questions were more or less the same as the ones in the first round, but I was asked to go into more detail. Since I had already had so much nonprofit experience, it was mainly me talking about those experiences. Because of that reason, I felt confident because I was just talking from my heart. After the second round, I followed up a couple of times, and was asked my top three locations. Within the week, I had an offer and was given three days to think it over. I accepted and they wanted me ASAP, but I needed to graduate college and get my ducks in a row first, so they gave me a month a a half. No help with moving, no help finding housing.

Interview Questions

• Had I mentored anyone and was their success because of that mentoring measurable   Answer Question
    • Would I be comfortable working 60+ hour weeks   Answer Question
    • What is your driving passion or something along these lines   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Three over the phone interviews, mostly asking about political agendas. They look for liberal responses, very friendly, and easy-going. About a few days between each call, all asking similar questions from people in different departments.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about...company they are working for at the time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Round one interview over the phone. 15 minutes. Round 2 interview in person. Look around the office. Don't let them hide you. About 30 to 45 minutes. Courting calls because people don't show up to the bad job.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle long hours with low pay?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Gainesville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

It's a very casual interview process that they try to make seem is more competitive and serious than it really is but they will literally hire anyone because they know it's an awful job. They consist of a phone and Skype interview at which they will gage your interests and see if you have even the slightest awareness of social issues in America. They will be misleading with your job responsibilities and claim you will be "fighting" for various social rights and have a role in various campaigns when in reality they just need canvassers to get money from people on the streets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

1.Contacted for a phone interview (a day or two after I applied online) by hiring manager not from the local chapter. Lasted no longer than an hour. Asked me if I would be willing to relocate, and if I was okay with working very long hours.
    2. In person interview at their local site. Lasted for about an hour.
    Both were friendly and professional. The office was run down and small, but the staff was
    friendly and inviting. Both individuals were easy to contact and responded fairly fast via email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you handled a crisis?
      What current social issues interest you the most?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Phila, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

One phone interview. One skype interview. I waited three weeks. (suposed to be one). I called back. I had at least three different recruiters contact me. Finally, the lead Director calls. Two days to pack up, train in D.C., open an office in Minniapolis im one day. Declined.
    Call back in September. Accepted. Used my own money to fly to Philadelphia. I had to find my own way to the Office in a new city (red flag). felt like I was being trained to sell used cars. Thirteen hour days, never knew where, we were staying the night. Dragged my suitcase alll over Philly. Total chaos. Told to find my own acccommodations. $25,000, at least 80 hours a week, no support, came to $7.00 an hour. You cannot exist on this "salary."
    I left. Gladly. THE most horrible campaign experience EVER. And, I have been doing this for 20 years. Do NOT even apply unless, you have a savings account t live on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The guy came to my class and I signed up. About a week later, he called me, I was excited as I have a lot of experience in the field. He scheduled me for an interview the next week. Thought it went well, but I guess not. Never heard back.