Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions

Interviews at Grassroots Campaigns

1.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

You get a call, and they have you meet at their office. Without really telling you what it is you are interviewing for until after you get there. Once you get there they finally give you what the job would be, and that if hired, (which it seems they hire almost everyone who walks in there, because several people I walked out with also got the job.) will have three training days to make a certain amount of money, or will be let go. You are then interviewed one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any canvassing qualifications?
    Which organization would you want to work for?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief information session with some of the history of the company, followed by individual interviews with a Director. The only real way to screw up the interview was if you're anti-LGBTQ or women's equality.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would canvass someone for a campaign for (insert partner organization).   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Walked in, waited a while. Had a group interview. Then broke off into individual interviews. Got a call back when I got home. Really easy as long as you legitimately care about the organizations Grassroots works with.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Grassroots used misleading advertisement to hire new people, they will essentially hire and interview anyone.

The interview consisted of some questions with regards to your values, and why you were politically enthused about the causes they were fighting for

Interview Questions

• What are the issues you care about   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. The Canvass Director first explains the organizations Grassroots is partnering with and their goals. He/She also explains the salary, requirements, and the hiring process (aka, the trial time before you actually get hired). Then, they call you a personal interview. It really depends on your past experiences. If you have had leadership roles, are good at communicating, and show passion, the interview is rather short.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work with (insert name of organization)   Answer Question
    • If I am in the fence of donating $15, what would you say to make me actually do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed and hired all in one day and it was very rushed. The interview at first seemed very sketchy since they were located in a temporary office without much in the way of furniture and I was worried at what I got myself into. I was interviewed separately, but there were two of us at the office to be interviewed for the same position. We were both hired.

Interview Questions

• What is one reason you want to become involved in this year's campaign?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was not told that there would be a group interview to begin with, which took about 30 minutes mostly because we were waiting on a meeting to be over so interviewer could use the office they were in. My individual interview finally happened over an hour after I arrived for what I thought would not take that long. They answered my questions and offered me a job on the spot for 10.50 an hour. I really did this as a practice interview as I really did not want to do this job. It will work great for college kids.

Interview Questions

• What cause am I most passionate about.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, 10.50, take it or leave it.

Canvasser Interview

Interview

- easy going people, there was not a lot of questions just basically as long as you were sort of talkative and outgoing they would probably hire you
    - Short interview at the office, you can get started working the next day if you want or even right after the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through their website. A few days later, someone called on the phone and asked about previous canvassing experience. He also mentioned the nonprofits that they campaigned for (at the time, ACLU and Planned Parenthood) and asked if I was interested. I was invited for an in-person interview a few days later. In person, they gave a paper application to fill out. Someone gave an intro on what Grassroots is about, talked about expectations/quotas, etc. There were multiple people there, but interviews were short and individual.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They literally hire you if you look attractive. You don't really have to juice anything because they all know what you will be really doing, canvassing. You're basically going to beg people for their cash and you have a certain quota you have to fulfill or you're fired.