Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

1.7

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through their website. A few days later, someone called on the phone and asked about previous canvassing experience. He also mentioned the nonprofits that they campaigned for (at the time, ACLU and Planned Parenthood) and asked if I was interested. I was invited for an in-person interview a few days later. In person, they gave a paper application to fill out. Someone gave an intro on what Grassroots is about, talked about expectations/quotas, etc. There were multiple people there, but interviews were short and individual.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. The Canvass Director first explains the organizations Grassroots is partnering with and their goals. He/She also explains the salary, requirements, and the hiring process (aka, the trial time before you actually get hired). Then, they call you a personal interview. It really depends on your past experiences. If you have had leadership roles, are good at communicating, and show passion, the interview is rather short.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work with (insert name of organization)   Answer Question
    • If I am in the fence of donating $15, what would you say to make me actually do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They literally hire you if you look attractive. You don't really have to juice anything because they all know what you will be really doing, canvassing. You're basically going to beg people for their cash and you have a certain quota you have to fulfill or you're fired.

Canvasser Interview

Interview

- easy going people, there was not a lot of questions just basically as long as you were sort of talkative and outgoing they would probably hire you
    - Short interview at the office, you can get started working the next day if you want or even right after the interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was not told that there would be a group interview to begin with, which took about 30 minutes mostly because we were waiting on a meeting to be over so interviewer could use the office they were in. My individual interview finally happened over an hour after I arrived for what I thought would not take that long. They answered my questions and offered me a job on the spot for 10.50 an hour. I really did this as a practice interview as I really did not want to do this job. It will work great for college kids.

Interview Questions

• What cause am I most passionate about.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, 10.50, take it or leave it.

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

The few people I met in the Grassroots office were friendly, but I did feel that much of what was said was just a script; like I was a customer and they were on commission. Who knows, maybe they are, as recruiters. I have a love for politics, justice, and human rights, so after seeing their ads for years now I finally answered one. If the job had anything to do with the above, I'd be all for it, but once it's explained it's obvious that money is the top priority, not "social change", not "community organizing", and that's fine, business is business, but they shouldn't mislead people into applying and I really feel that's exactly the case.
    Also, if you do interview, don't listen when they say "business casual." I felt really overdressed. I don't think my jeans were ripped enough.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone who wanted to make a donation later instead of today?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

I applied online through their national office. You submit a 60 second video and then they give you a phone call. You apply to any office this way, but most people just contact the local office and ask for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are there any causes you feel most strongly attached to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited from my school and set up an interview about a week later. The intreview consisted mainly of what topic of interest I would like to support, and whether I felt there was enough being done in today's society regarding the current events from then.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you are passionate about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed and hired all in one day and it was very rushed. The interview at first seemed very sketchy since they were located in a temporary office without much in the way of furniture and I was worried at what I got myself into. I was interviewed separately, but there were two of us at the office to be interviewed for the same position. We were both hired.

Interview Questions

• What is one reason you want to become involved in this year's campaign?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Interview

Got called the day after I filled out the form online, but didn't go due to uneasiness about the company. People didn't really feel like explaining much and gave little detail as possible. If you want a quick job then I guess take your chances.