Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

1.7

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

The few people I met in the Grassroots office were friendly, but I did feel that much of what was said was just a script; like I was a customer and they were on commission. Who knows, maybe they are, as recruiters. I have a love for politics, justice, and human rights, so after seeing their ads for years now I finally answered one. If the job had anything to do with the above, I'd be all for it, but once it's explained it's obvious that money is the top priority, not "social change", not "community organizing", and that's fine, business is business, but they shouldn't mislead people into applying and I really feel that's exactly the case.
Also, if you do interview, don't listen when they say "business casual." I felt really overdressed. I don't think my jeans were ripped enough.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone who wanted to make a donation later instead of today?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

I applied online through their national office. You submit a 60 second video and then they give you a phone call. You apply to any office this way, but most people just contact the local office and ask for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are there any causes you feel most strongly attached to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited from my school and set up an interview about a week later. The intreview consisted mainly of what topic of interest I would like to support, and whether I felt there was enough being done in today's society regarding the current events from then.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you are passionate about?   1 Answer

Canvasser Interview

Interview

Got called the day after I filled out the form online, but didn't go due to uneasiness about the company. People didn't really feel like explaining much and gave little detail as possible. If you want a quick job then I guess take your chances.

Canvassers Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Easy and people with a passion for the issues who are motivated to get involved and help make a change. Grassroots Campaigns is a company that does strategic consulting, and fund raising for humanitarian and progressive causes and political organizations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Business casual attire. Waiting process was 2 hours. I was called after everyone else. The entire interview was about 10 minutes. Praised me and gave me high hopes that this position will be a piece of cake for me based on my experiences. Recommended a manager position to me.

Interview Questions

• How many you contribute to the LGBT community   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately contacted to come in for an interview the next day. I went in for the interview and was asked back to go through the trial test. In order to be hired you must raise $125 in one of first three days.

Interview Questions

• Thoughts/feelings on LGBT rights and other progressive organizations (DNC, Planned Parenthood)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call to come in for an interview. Quick orientation, one-on-one interview with an Assistant Director. Discussed the campaigns and my interest in the job. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about the organizations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Group sit down with an explanation of what the company does and what would be expected of us followed by a 1-on-1. It was all very simple; I was offered immediate employment. As long as you care about the issues and are willing to put in the work, you'll get hired. But keeping the job is the hard part.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here/what issues matter to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

A basic screening call conducted first. I was then interviewed individually for just a few minutes and was even offered a management position.

The setting seemed immensely unprofessional with loud music being played in the background while the head of the job site was explaining the postion to a number of candidates. In the background we could also hear a young woman making phone calls to countless other candidates which led me to believe that this organization has a high turnover rate which is evident in other reviews. If you're looking for an easy summer job doing something meaningful then maybe this is something to look into, but if you are looking for a professional experience in a well-structured setting then don't even bother going for the individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you'll be a good addition to the Grassroots campaign?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any prior experience with leadership skills?   Answer Question

It was such a strange process. I was very uncomfortable in the place where the interviews were being conducted. I was dressed more professionally than the entire staff. And to be offered a management position with just a five minute interview didn't sit well with me. I feel as though they would have hired anyone who walked through that door.