Grassroots Campaigns Field Canvasser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Field Canvasser Interview Questions

Interviews at Grassroots Campaigns

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in February 2010.

Interview

Oh, you want a job? Start immediately!

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out, very mundane interview type questions...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed and got a response almost instantly. I was called a few different times and when I called back was asked why I was calling. After describing myself to the interviewer over the phone I was asked to come in for an in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in June 2019.

Interview

Spoke to Adam after I was sent a request for an interview. After chatting on the phone he said I would be great for their organization since I was an ACLU volunteer, and they campaign for ACLU. They also campaign for Planned Parenthood, but said they have met their quota.

I arrived in the DC office for the interview and met a few people. They had me fill out a brief paper on past employment, then the director talked about the organization. She also pointed out that she was studying for her phD when she started.

The job we were there applying for (3 people) was to collect donations for Doctors Without Borders. That job is daytime hours. After a few questions I was offered a Leader position in the field to manage a team of people. However, I wanted to campaign for ACLU. The ACLU campaign is from 2pm to 10pm. I was brought into a room and asked to sign more paperwork. A background check and to write any crimes and explain in detail what happened. She was very anxious to get the paperwork. The interview was a little strange, very rushed.

I was asked if I would be interested in the Leader position ($1 per hour more=$14/hr). I was given an offer to start a 3 day paid training, (we shook hands on it), but was reminded that in order to campaign with them I had to raise $130 in donations first. I left and never heard back from them. After reading the reviews on Glassdoor about going into shady neighborhoods and being fired and yelled at, I thought it might be for the best . No phone call, no email, nothing. Never heard back from them. It was a strange experience. They also checked my Linkedin profile.

Interview Questions

• When are you available?
      Can you give an example of what you would say if we just had a great conversation, but I am hesitant to give money?
      Why do you think you would be a great leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job pays $13 per hour (until July, then $14/hr)
    If you are a team leader, you get an extra $8 per day or $14/hr. ($15/hr in July)
    If everyone does well there is extra money like bonuses, but she never went into detail.