Grassroots Campaigns Field Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Field Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Grassroots Campaigns

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

I responded to a craigslist ad by filling out an online form. A couple of days later, I received a call from the main office in Boston to set up an interview for the following week. When I arrived at the interview, it was a brand new office and the interviewer has just come into town the day before and the office had not even been furnished yet. The interview was conducted at a nearby restaurant. The interviewer was impressed by my experience, and offered me a field manager position right on the spot.

The interview seemed easy - too easy. The whole office seemed like a fly-by-night sort of operation. The company has extremely high turnover, which is evident after the cursory interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

You will have to listen to a group information session over the phone. Grassroots Campaigns will invite you to this if they see you as a possible candidate. Then you will have a one-on-one over the phone interview and if you demonstrate leadership qualities they will designate you as a field manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty standard. There is nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Field Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Got a call the morning after sending in my name and e-mail and phone number. There was a scheduled interview where a number of other applicants were seated. We were given a short introduction on the company and different campaigns they are working on. I was taken to another room for a personal interview, given a survey to fill out, and hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• None. I swear they don't care who you are, you will probably be hired on spot. You're basically easily disposable and easily replaceable with the amount of people desperate for jobs nationwide.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call that day, after a brief screening interview I was scheduled for an interview the following Tuesday. I interviewed with several other candidates and after a brief overview of canvassing met with the canvass director. Questions focused on what issues I cared about, what interested me about working with progressive non-profits, and how I would encourage donations. I was offered a position on the spot and started the next week.

Interview Questions

• How would you encourage someone who was with you on the issues, but hesitant about donating, to donate today?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was nonnegotiable and no benefits directly offered.

Field Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Very unprofessional although they try to make it appear to be professional. Watch closely for how the staff members and directors are dressed. Staff members and directors will be dressed as though they just came from walking their dogs.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to get someone's money if they didn't want to give it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Did not go past the initial phone interview. It seemed like a contest on who was the smartest. I didn't like the structure of the interview. It was extremely uncomfortable

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Learned a brief history of the organization, was asked about my leadership experience and skills, and I filled out some paperwork. The interview was very informal and friendly, and probably took about forty minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview which was great. The interviewer had excellent questions and information. Unfortunately the woman told me the pay, which is roughly $500 a week for 90 hours. I've worked in politics for over a year and I was paid at least $850 a week plus bonuses. I was asked if I would be interested in moving on to the Skype interview and I accepted.

The Skype interview was a nightmare. I had a list of questions for the interviewer since she had worked the same position. I asked her why she loved working for the company and she could not give me a clear answer. So I asked her why working for less than minimum wage for this position was worth it, she again did not have a clear answer.

I also inquired about the issues for the campaign and what we would be working towards. I was informed previously that it was a canvassing operation. Come to find out Grassroots Campaigns is primarily a fundraising group. I was not given any information about that but I did find it out via reviews on the company. So basically you would be asking people for money out on the street. I'm not okay with that.

Field Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in April 2017.

Interview

Application online then a few weeks later got a phone screening. Then conference call followed by a personal phone interview. They gave me an offer at the end of the call.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was slim and really and they asked me why I wanted to be a part of the team, and what I thought I could offer to the campaigns that they would be launching.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about politics and the world?   1 Answer