Grassroots Campaigns Fundraiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Fundraiser Interview Questions

Interviews at Grassroots Campaigns

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

I just called and I was scheduled for the interview. I went in. I filled out a simple questionnaire where they asked about leadership history and why I wanted to work on a particular campaign. Just have to be extremely personable, be passionate, and show your sales skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if a person says they don't want to donate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was already set

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

It was a long process, sounded like they were very interested in someone that is willing to do a lot of the work for very little salary. But thte interview process was very typical and it was fun to talk to you actualy.

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

The Assistant Canvassing Director sat down with me and asked me questions. I answered the questions honestly. The questions were about my experience, but also about where I stood on the issues. I was also asked about how I would respond in a hypothetical situation.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any leadership experience?   1 Answer
    • Have you Canvassed Before?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if somebody you stopped was hesitant to give you money?   1 Answer

Fundraising Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in July 2010.

Interview

You will be called in to a big group interview where a director will give you a brief summary of the hiring process and typical workday. He or she will then try to "inspire-hire" you by giving a short speech about the importance of the work that you're doing. You will then be split off into 1:1 interviews with the directors, which won't last more than 8 minutes. They're essentially just looking to see if you can put a sentence together without dropping f-bombs or drug references. If you can achieve this high standard of erudition, you'll be hired for the basic fundraising job pending a background check. If you have a college education (at all...) they'll funnel you into the Director interview tract, which will also involve a phone interview. In the phone interview, if you really want this job, just sound as willing as possible to dedicate your ENTIRE life to this job. You will be there mornings, days, nights, and probably weekends, likely for 11ish hours per day. Idealism and passion for the issues are key for either position. The culture there is very youthful, liberal and accepting...sometimes TOO accepting of low-standards, though.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about _________ (fill in particular campaign)   Answer Question
    • tell me about yourself (in the group interview setting...must distinguish yourself a bit here)   Answer Question

Negotiation

You don't really get to negotiate anything unless you are being hired for the directorial staff, then you may possibly be able to negotiate your geographical location the continental US. If you are about to be let-go because you didn't meet quota on your probation week (you get two weeks to bring your fundraising numbers up to the office average if you slip below that average, which changes every week), don't try to negotiate, you will be let-go regardless of how friendly you are with the directors or how talented and personable you are in general. It is a numbers game on that end.