Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Assistant Director Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the person from the office I would be working at. There was a brief phone interview. We set up an in-person interview which would take place at a different office. I had a two hour drive to that office, arrived twenty minutes early.

I waited for close to an hour but the office was locked and there was no response when I knocked or called. Eventually I left and sent a follow up email. I have received no further contact from Grassroots.

Interview Questions

• What issue do you think is most important to our nation right now?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two step interview process: I applied online through Indeed.com or something and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The recruiters are super nice, they give you detailed descriptions of the job. The first interview was over the phone and I was basically just asked the generic interview questions, why do you want to work here, are you open to relocated, etc. The second interview was over Skype and was very informal. I was mostly just asked how I work with a team and to describe certain experiences that might relate to the job description. I got a call back a few days later with a job offer. They did a background check and I was told that I'd need to be in Denver at the beginning of the following month.

Assistant Political Campaign Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Shortly after submitting my application, I received a call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes with time for me to ask questions about the position.
    I was told that I was expected to work 80 hours per week and the compensation would be $26,000 plus health benefits (for a position in the California Bay Area). I was also told that the next position "up" paid $3,000-$4,000 more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It didn't happen. I got there and the lights were turned off and the door was locked. Their sign was a post it note. No wonder why they didn't answer their phone. This was after I called the day before to confirm that I even had an interview. I never received my email confirmation. It turned out I wasn't on the schedule. After being placed on hold a couple of times while the recruiter (man who answered) spoke with the interviewer about me, he added me to the schedule. He was quite short with me. I shouldn't have bothered going at all. I know that whole fiasco was a bad sign to begin with.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked any questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was a quick phone conversation obviously intended to screen applicants. I made it through to the second interview which was via Skype; this one lasted about 30 minutes with more in-depth questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Grassroots Campaigns?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (York, ME).

Interview

Had three interviews all together. None of them face to face, the second one was via Skype. They asked general questions. They were great, but you had the feeling they would hire any one that agreed with their political agenda. A everyone I spoke to was within a year of graduating from college.

Interview Questions

They chose a location that was 2:44 hours commute for me with an 80 hour work week, at $25K per year..... No thanks!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview ended with an invitation to visit the office and interview in person. It was a one on one with the woman in charge of the DC office. Interview lasted about 35 minutes and focused on the skills that I had to recruit other potential employees and work 60 hour weeks. The position was described in detail and we briefly went over the benefits (which include student loan assistance). I was also told that employees often work on weekends and are rarely in the office itself. Until the election cycle of 2016 ends, canvassers will be working around the clock. This position may require relocation in 4-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you pitch Grassroots campaign to others if you were in need of building your team?   Answer Question
    • What steps would you take to find more volunteers if you were in a remote location that was unfamiliar to you?   Answer Question
    • What are your political views?   Answer Question

The salary offered was $26,000 a year, which comes to about $20,800 after taxes. This is not a living wage for DC and not enough money for 60 hour work weeks. It would come to $1,733 a month, which equates to $433 a week, and $7.22 an hour. Less than minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

My interviewer clearly had a bottled spiel to give me and then asked a few questions about my interests and qualifications. There was lots of background noise including other phone conversations, which was quite distracting. The interview ended when they asked me about relocation, to which I replied that I can only stay in Oregon at the moment. Even though their job posting lists Oregon and they have four current idealist.org postings (all for the same position but worded differently--weird) for Portland, they told me that they don't have an active office in Portland anymore and therefore couldn't move forward. I pointed out that they should probably get on updating those.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a completely informal interview, where they simply wanted to gauge your interest in the different non-profits they serve and ask where you may want to work. They also ask you about leadership and being able to analyze data to figure out where to send canvassers, though that will have no impact over whether you are hired since it is not part of the job.

Interview Questions

• What causes are you most passionate about?
      Why do you care about these causes?
      Have you ever canvassed before?
      Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in June 2016.

Interview

I completed a phone interview first. At the end of the phone call, I was asked if I'd be willing to do an in-person interview. I completed the in-person interview the next morning.