Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

1.9

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

You get a call, and they have you meet at their office. Without really telling you what it is you are interviewing for until after you get there. Once you get there they finally give you what the job would be, and that if hired, (which it seems they hire almost everyone who walks in there, because several people I walked out with also got the job.) will have three training days to make a certain amount of money, or will be let go. You are then interviewed one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any canvassing qualifications?
      Which organization would you want to work for?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Walked in, waited a while. Had a group interview. Then broke off into individual interviews. Got a call back when I got home. Really easy as long as you legitimately care about the organizations Grassroots works with.

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in September 2017.

Interview

Grassroots Campaigns likes to do a phone interview first then follow up with an in person interview. The interviewer asked more general questions about my background and why I'm interested in the organization. He said the in person interview was where he would want to get more into the specifics of my qualifications and where he would make his decision on whether or not I was a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions

Interview

In person interview at the Boston HQ, focused heavily on recruitment and people skills. Recruiter was very friendly and made me feel welcome. Felt very much like a campaign office for electoral campaigning. Highly informal and open ended.

Interview Questions

• How would you pursuade an individual who supported one of the organizations to make a donation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview with an explanation of the position. Pay grade was explained and pay would be dependent upon performance. Non stressful process and each candidate was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What campaign are you interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through their website. A few days later, someone called on the phone and asked about previous canvassing experience. He also mentioned the nonprofits that they campaigned for (at the time, ACLU and Planned Parenthood) and asked if I was interested. I was invited for an in-person interview a few days later. In person, they gave a paper application to fill out. Someone gave an intro on what Grassroots is about, talked about expectations/quotas, etc. There were multiple people there, but interviews were short and individual.

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the person from the office I would be working at. There was a brief phone interview. We set up an in-person interview which would take place at a different office. I had a two hour drive to that office, arrived twenty minutes early.

I waited for close to an hour but the office was locked and there was no response when I knocked or called. Eventually I left and sent a follow up email. I have received no further contact from Grassroots.

Interview Questions

• What issue do you think is most important to our nation right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. The Canvass Director first explains the organizations Grassroots is partnering with and their goals. He/She also explains the salary, requirements, and the hiring process (aka, the trial time before you actually get hired). Then, they call you a personal interview. It really depends on your past experiences. If you have had leadership roles, are good at communicating, and show passion, the interview is rather short.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work with (insert name of organization)   Answer Question
    • If I am in the fence of donating $15, what would you say to make me actually do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They literally hire you if you look attractive. You don't really have to juice anything because they all know what you will be really doing, canvassing. You're basically going to beg people for their cash and you have a certain quota you have to fulfill or you're fired.

Field Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed and got a response almost instantly. I was called a few different times and when I called back was asked why I was calling. After describing myself to the interviewer over the phone I was asked to come in for an in-person interview.