Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

1.9

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

The few people I met in the Grassroots office were friendly, but I did feel that much of what was said was just a script; like I was a customer and they were on commission. Who knows, maybe they are, as recruiters. I have a love for politics, justice, and human rights, so after seeing their ads for years now I finally answered one. If the job had anything to do with the above, I'd be all for it, but once it's explained it's obvious that money is the top priority, not "social change", not "community organizing", and that's fine, business is business, but they shouldn't mislead people into applying and I really feel that's exactly the case.
    Also, if you do interview, don't listen when they say "business casual." I felt really overdressed. I don't think my jeans were ripped enough.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone who wanted to make a donation later instead of today?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

I applied online through their national office. You submit a 60 second video and then they give you a phone call. You apply to any office this way, but most people just contact the local office and ask for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are there any causes you feel most strongly attached to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited from my school and set up an interview about a week later. The intreview consisted mainly of what topic of interest I would like to support, and whether I felt there was enough being done in today's society regarding the current events from then.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you are passionate about?   1 Answer

Political Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (West Palm Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The process was very rapid. I applied online one day and got a phone call the next day to set up an interview the same day. Took about an hour, because three other people showed up as well. We filled out about two forms and an authorization for a background check. The interviewer took us into a room for a very casual 1:1 and took at most 15 minutes until I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of this campaign?   1 Answer

Street Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

You submit an application, and they call you within a few days. You'll talk with one of the directors about the causes their hiring for. They really want to know if you know your stuff about the organization, but even if you don't they teach you about them. After that they'll schedule you an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It didn't happen. I got there and the lights were turned off and the door was locked. Their sign was a post it note. No wonder why they didn't answer their phone. This was after I called the day before to confirm that I even had an interview. I never received my email confirmation. It turned out I wasn't on the schedule. After being placed on hold a couple of times while the recruiter (man who answered) spoke with the interviewer about me, he added me to the schedule. He was quite short with me. I shouldn't have bothered going at all. I know that whole fiasco was a bad sign to begin with.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked any questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was a quick phone conversation obviously intended to screen applicants. I made it through to the second interview which was via Skype; this one lasted about 30 minutes with more in-depth questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Grassroots Campaigns?   1 Answer

Canvasser Interview

Interview

Got called the day after I filled out the form online, but didn't go due to uneasiness about the company. People didn't really feel like explaining much and gave little detail as possible. If you want a quick job then I guess take your chances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview ended with an invitation to visit the office and interview in person. It was a one on one with the woman in charge of the DC office. Interview lasted about 35 minutes and focused on the skills that I had to recruit other potential employees and work 60 hour weeks. The position was described in detail and we briefly went over the benefits (which include student loan assistance). I was also told that employees often work on weekends and are rarely in the office itself. Until the election cycle of 2016 ends, canvassers will be working around the clock. This position may require relocation in 4-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you pitch Grassroots campaign to others if you were in need of building your team?   Answer Question
    • What steps would you take to find more volunteers if you were in a remote location that was unfamiliar to you?   Answer Question
    • What are your political views?   Answer Question

The salary offered was $26,000 a year, which comes to about $20,800 after taxes. This is not a living wage for DC and not enough money for 60 hour work weeks. It would come to $1,733 a month, which equates to $433 a week, and $7.22 an hour. Less than minimum wage.

Canvassers Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Easy and people with a passion for the issues who are motivated to get involved and help make a change. Grassroots Campaigns is a company that does strategic consulting, and fund raising for humanitarian and progressive causes and political organizations.