Grassroots Campaigns Street Canvasser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Street Canvasser Interview Questions

Interviews at Grassroots Campaigns

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Insanely easy. The only way you wouldn't get this job is if you stated that your political values didn't match up with theirs or yelled at them. No need for a degree or any semblance of job skills. If you apply in the fall and winter, the hiring process is even easier.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was quick and easy and I was hired in sheer minutes. They promised so much and they also mislead people by pretending to be actual representatives of other organizations. Which is why we didn't wear tshirts with our company on them.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Kansas City, MO) in September 2012.

Interview

At first it was hard to get a hold of the office directors to schedule the interview. Once I did get a hold of them there was a basic informative pseudo interview done over the phone which was pretty easy and friendly. The face to face interview was very friendly and fair, they really just wanted to get to know my motivations for the job and any experience (not necessarily canvassing) but with the issues that they would be talking about and centering the work on. They let me know right on the spot if I had the job or not. Everyone there was friendly, welcoming, and I got to meet some of the other office members who were equally nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the most difficult thing about the entire process was the "staffing period" where you had to raise a certain quota to make staff and be fully hired. Not to say that meeting that initial goal was difficult (I actually raised 3 times the base quota amount). As long as you work hard you will make staff.

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (North Las Vegas, NV) in November 2012.

Interview

The process was great quick and thorough
    The interviewer got straight to the key points
    e xplained simply what type of person he was seeking and why.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

The organization had a flier placed around my college campus. Called in to schedule an interview (you are pre-screened over the phone to make sure you are a serious candidate).

Interview Questions

• Not really the most difficult, but answering why you support Planned Parenthood and want to canvass.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Evidently Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. schedules job seekers in small groups throughout the day. The form they asked us to fill out was short and simple. After everyone was finished filling them out, a girl appeared and told us a little bit about the various causes GCI is supporting and then she told us a lot about her reasons for being there. The only problems I have with what she told us is: 1). The hours are merciless, working from early morning on the phone to street canvassing until "...9:30, or sometimes later at night." 2.) Your expected to meet or exceed the $120.00 daily individual fund raising quota in order to receive your $77.00 for 12 hours worked pay (hmm... let's see... that's slightly less than $6.42 cents per hour.) 3.) You're entitled to 30% of any amount you take in over $125.00 per day. Gee, that's swell, but are the donors aware of this? Leaning that kind of bums me out. I mean... there has to be a better way!

Interview Questions

• Would you have any problem being available from 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM and meeting the quota of $125.00 per day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

You submit an application, and they call you within a few days. You'll talk with one of the directors about the causes their hiring for. They really want to know if you know your stuff about the organization, but even if you don't they teach you about them. After that they'll schedule you an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Ran into a woman who was recruiting for grassroots campaigns on my campus. I was interested in it so I cam in for a interview a few hours later and got the job offer during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you feel will help you if you get this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Sacramento, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

first in a group interview they described the company an when it got started. next they went into detail about what they expect out of each potential employee and then pay scale. then it was broken down into individual interviews to ask specific questions like do you have management or leadership experience

Interview Questions

• what would you tell a potential donor to get them to donate   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Portland, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

Not a big deal, first a group introduction, then the one on one. The guy in charge asked me a few questions about the answers I put on my applications.