Graybar Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.7

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Basically he went through my resume with me and asked a few questions, all pretty easy ones, like what do you know about us, what are you trying to get in this internship, what's your strength. etc.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Diamond Bar, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview some questions caught me a little off guard, person strengths and self descriptions of character strengths, took about 20 minutes and was pretty in depth in terms of asking about self described benefit to the company

Interview Questions

• What is one of your streghths and one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was told there was on the job training for a Collections Assistant. The training was pretty much like OJT. They said they had a fast paced office and had some training for 4 weeks but expected me to take over in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How soon could you be ready to take over the job from a person who was promoted?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Rolla, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I was brought in by a woman within the department I was applying for. I was seated across from her and a human resources representative. They described to me the position and some of the responsibilities I would have in the job. The HR rep then asked me about 10 questions while they both took notes. I was then asked if I had any questions. I asked a few questions and they noticed we had gone over the time limit and I was given a card and told to call if I had any further questions. Nothing technical was discussed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a creative solution to a problem you came up with in a project you've done?   Answer Question

Assistant Accounting Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel-Ridge, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Bel-Ridge, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application on indeed. The actual manager contacted me for a phone interview. Had that then 2 days later had a face to face with her along with the other manager of the department. They seemed to like me, even asked me if I needed to take vacation for the rest of the year. Told me the schedule, alot of details about the department as if it were my first day. I felt pretty confident about it. They both game me their card and told me to contact them with any questions I might have. It's been over 2 weeks and I haven't heard back from either of them. I even emailed them thanking me for the opportunity to even be interviewed and I got no response. I just think it's so unprofessional to not let somone know whether you decided to go with another canidate. Mind you they have posted the position recently again...

Creative Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call from the HR office to set up a an appointment for the phone interview with an HR Recruiter. The interview was set for early the next week and gave me plenty of time to go through practice interview questions and to do some more in depth research on the company. The phone interview went well but it was a little distracting because the person I was interviewing with had me on speaker phone but was also typing up notes as I was talking. It made it hard to even hear myself. Thankfully it was still a good interview experience. He told me that he would send his notes on to the hiring manager and that I should hear within the next week. The next day I had an email from the manager asking to meet up for coffee. The 2nd interview was in person with the manager I would have been working with. I felt that this interview also went well and it was still a good interview experience even though they went with another candidate in the end.

Interview Questions

• Have you heard of Graybar before? Do you have a creative outlet to keep yourself inspired?   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Diamond Bar, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process took about 4 weeks. I applied on line and waited 2 weeks until HR called to scheduled a phone interview. The phone screen was about 30 mins, covering basic questions based on your resume. After the phone screen, I was invited to an on-site interview. The on-site interview was very disappointing. I met the hiring manager and the interview was last no more than 20 mins. Basically she just went through the questions she had in the paper, and took notes. No hard or technical questions being asked and I got a feeling that they would hire you if they like you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you leave your previous job?
      Describe how you solve conflict.
      Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, one phone interview, and then at the location interview. There were two tests online that were needed too. Also, a drug test. There was an 8 week training program.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cold calling or phone experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None or I did not ask for one.

Financial Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric.

Interview

Pretty relaxed process. They wanted to know about my past / personality. Nothing too technical. They called me in for 2 interviews at their office. After the conclusion of the second interview, they offered the job. I accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Graybar Electric.

Interview

Applied online through indeed. Phone call weeks later, then phone interview. Few days later face to face interview with 2 managers. I thought went very well. They told me they would be in contact and let me know their decision. IContacted manager week later, again was told no decision made yet, will let me know... Never heard back. I found that pretty unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Work experience questions, customer service questions and asked few questions about product knowledge   Answer Question