Grayson Carter Entry Level Assistant Manager Trainee Marketing/Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grayson Carter

1 Interview Review

1.0

Entry Level Assistant Manager Trainee Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grayson Carter (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall: Disappointing experience. (Skip to BOTTOMLINE)
I emailed the company before applying to ask for the salary. They called me back to set up an appointment to interview. I didn't apply.
I asked them on the phone about salary and the receptionist mentioned a range and asked if that worked for me. I didn't agree or disagree but she asked to set up an interview. I agreed to attend.
I was under the impression the company was offering a full time position, based on the information I received from the initial call and job description online.
The first interview went alright. There were a lot of people interviewing, which sent up major red flags. To me, this is a major indicator of massive turn over or not enough people interested in working for the company.

I started to be a little suspcious again and asked specifically if this was for an annual salary position and not performance based, the lady said "yes, W2 employee position."
This was the second time I asked and received the same response that they offered a full time position with a salary.
I was invited back for a 2nd round interview a couple days later. I was told if they like what they see after the 2nd interview they would make me an offer.
I agreed and attended the 2nd interview. Within less than half way through the interview process I noticed the person talking about a Performance Based pay position. I stopped her and asked if this position was offering an annual salary and the lady who interviewed me said "no this is only performance based"
At this point I was extremely disappointed in the pure ethics of this company. A classic case of "Bait & Switch"
I asked if I could use the restroom to clear my thoughts. When I got back the other person interviewing for the position was gone, I asked where he went and she said he wasn't a good fit but she said she really likes me. And if it was up to her she would say "yes your hired!" Cool story, not!

I expected to sit down with a company who's offering a legitamate annual salary and benefits but was met with people younger than me and with minimal experience outside of the company they work for.
I'm very quailfied for the position and even seemed well accepted by the people I had met with.
She told me I would be meeting with the office director. I was glad to sit down with her in hopes that there was some sort of miscommunication about the compensation.
Before going into meet The Director, I was asked if there was anything I should let The director know. I made sure to tell the interviewer Im expecting an annual salary position as promised by the job details provided by both the receptionist and 1st round manager.
I sat down with The director and we immediately jumped into an explanation of why people do not get paid a salary at their company, At this point, I've completely disconnected myself from even wanting to learn more about the opportunity. We had a conversation about how people don't have job stability if they are paid a salary, which is untrue. She went on to let me know she has developed 7 people making over 150k per year. That's great, 150k is a bare bones financial requirement to happily live in this area. She's been with the company almost 7 years, so 1 person a year out all the people hired is not that impressive. And to be honest, if this company was creating the kind of wealth they can afford to pay people a salary.

Bottom line, please do not fall for their lies to get you in the door.
They do not offer a salary, so all that experience you have you may as well leave it at home with your integrity as well.
If you're looking for benefits, you won't find them here. If you're looking to work a lot and get paid later for sales that may or may not go through this is the job for you.
They want personality to makes sales But are not willing to invest in you for it. You're better off working for a restaurant in that case, at least your hours worked will be repaid in the form of a guaranteed check.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between direct and indirect marketing?   1 Answer