Grayson Carter Marketing Communications Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Marketing Communications Associate

Grayson Carter Marketing Communications Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Grayson Carter

1 Interview Review

1.0

Marketing Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grayson Carter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They called me and then sent me an email about a week after I sent them my resume. Everything seemed legitimate and I got an interview a few days after they had contacted me.

I soon realized that the whole thing is almost like a scam. I felt like the interview was about convincing and nearly fooling me into taking the job. The job is not "marketing communications". It is door-to-door sales of cosmetics. They're not lying directly in the job description; they're using terms like "in-field marketing" and "promotional advertising". Hence, it is theoretically possible to understand what the job is from the job description.

However, when you apply for a "marketing communications associate" position, are asked about your previous marketing experience, and are asked to show up in business professional attire, you don't expect to become a door-to-door sales person.

It's almost like a pyramid scheme. There is the the manager who earns a lot of money, and then you have the sales people. When you've been a successful sales person for a while, you can go ahead and start a new branch in the next city. Then you will be the manager who makes a lot of money, and you can fool people into becoming your sales people.

I don't understand why Grayson Carter deceives its applicants the way that they do. They should've just said upfront that it is sales, not marketing. Sales is fine, but it's not the impression I got of the position when I read the vague job description.

It might not be a bad idea to join this company if you like sales and want to sell cosmetics to businesses by going door to door. Or maybe you dream of selling for a while, and then opening your own branch.

Interview Questions

I thought the job was marketing, but it was actually door-to-door sales of cosmetics products.