Great American Insurance Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.6

Workers Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company (Gainesville, GA).

Interview

The interview is more about who you are and whether you fit into their culture. Degrees really don't matter to these people, so when you've achieved a great deal and are proud of it then it doesn't matter if they dot like you.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Lots of testing before you even meet with anyone. Test were timed, given financial statements of a made up company to work out ratios. Another test was designed to find patterns, and make connections. They tell you up front you won't be able to finish it in the alloted time so answer as many as you can.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First Phone interview was very easy and nice, just basic question about yourself.
    on site interview is very formal but people there are nice and they are respectful. Their LA office are pretty !
    Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• what are your experience?
       And what is your expectations in the following 5 years?   1 Answer

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a newly minted team leader for 20 minutes. He asked me one 1-2 practical questions and a few filtering/impossible questions which a data architect doesn't need to know. to be effective. The interviewer abruptly ended the conversation saying he needed to go. I know a few other leaders and this company and they would never act like this so I hope this bad team lead gets weeded out. He told the recruiter I was 'not technical'. I have a Masters of Information science degree and almost 2 decades of experience starting out at a big 10 consulting company. There are some really professional and good folks working at this company so was shocked.

Interview Questions

• What is an additive function?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the summer analyst position at Great American Custom. Overall the process was very straightforward and heavily focused on behavior questions. Although there were some insurance based questions (simple liability exercises) they were all just to gauge what kind of preparation I did before the interview. There were two managers and they both asked questions. I was lucky that neither gave me a hard time and were very helpful. Great streamlined process, heard back within 48 hours. Very straightforward.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was general and basic with behavioral questions. It was an in-house interview with no technical questions. It was a causal and conversational interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• What interests you for to the position?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

An initial phone screen then a month later I was called in for an in-person interview. Thought in-person interview went well as it was only scheduled for two hours and went over. Never heard back though and emailed twice to find out what was going on with the position. It wasn't until a month later they finally responded to one of my emails to say I didn't get the job. Process is too long if you ask me...

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company.

Interview

Long long long process. I applied for a workers comp trainee position. I did a phone interview, which was harder than i expected lots of Star questions and why should we hire you. After that I got invited to an in person interview. It was a panel interview of 3 people. Again lots of star questions and questions about my past work experience. This is were it got strange. I didn't hear from them for a week then the person I interviewed with called me and told me that they were merging two positions (workers comp and property) and that if I wanted to I could interview with the VP of claims through telephone (he was back east). I told him sure. He scheduled me for an interview with the VP man. The day came around and no phone call. I guess it was a scheduling conflict. I got it rescheduled for the next day. I was told that this was the last interview. The interview lasted an hour. The guy asked pretty standard questions, except one "Why is the man hole round" that through me way off. Was told that he would make a decision soon. And got another email regarding yet another interview, this time with 6 people over the phone. We will see how it goes.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Referred to by employee in the marketing department. Was contacted a week later. Went in for the face to face interview and was contacted the same day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. $34K base with 18 days paid vacation

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Great American Insurance Company (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Completed online Application, within two weeks had HR phone interview, HR in person interview, then in person interview with hiring manager. A few days later had an interview in person with the hiring manager's manager and then interview in person by the president of the organization. Then a few days later I was asked to meet "over lunch" with the manager that I would work directly with. Incidentally, ALL the managers were men which threw up a red flag for this gal. "If it walks like a duck then it's a duck", #GAI=BOYSCLUB

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hiring manager called, offered the job and told me the salary. When I asked for the additional $5k which was specified in my application, he said that we will start with his salary and then at the yearly review we will see where we are then.