Great Canadian Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Canadian Gaming

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Canadian Gaming (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I went to a casino hotel job fair. the interviewer was really nice. she asked me some basic questions first then some deep questions related to the position or my own experience. It was easy not hard.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Great Canadian Gaming.

Interview

HR called and did a first screening, easily went into scheduling an in-person interview the same week. HR said that he was going to email me the details including the address, who I was going to be interviewed by, and also his contact information incase I had questions or would like to change the time. I never got that email, called twice and left voicemails. Even called the day before and didn't get a reply or a call from him.

Got to the casino, security had to check my ID before I got in. They were rude, and because HR didn't send me an email with the details, I wasn't sure who I was interviewing with other than the department. I had a sheet with notes that I took during the HR call, I referred to that. Security just took it out of my hand and called customer service. Was very rude.

Once I got to customer service, I had to fill out a paper application form, which all of the information that I needed to fill was already in the online application. I found it odd to re-do it again in writing. Good thing I had a paper copy of my resume and cover letter, that saved time.

The interview really only lasted for 20 minutes. They had a standardized set of questions. They were all skill based questions, none that asked about how you are as a person and at work. When I asked what kind of person they are looking for and what this role will be doing, one manager answered and was being very general, that they were looking for someone to do these tasks.

I felt very rushed through the questions, I didn't get a chance to elaborate. I was cut off multiple times and was moved on to the next question. They also didn't have any follow up questions for me. They seemed nice, but I think the interview process could've been a lot better.

Card Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Canadian Gaming (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

They ask you basic guest service questions. Thats the main thing. Other than that if you have hand you will pass it. The experiemce does not matter, there is only super simple math. The main thing is to look professional, always smile and provide excellent guest service.

Interview Questions

• Player is asking you where can I eat.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Great Canadian Gaming (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Poorly organized, not willing to hire me nternally without taking a pay cuts.. management appeared to be going through the motions and had no interest in promoting.. jobs get cut one day and then posted with new title

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest accomplishment   1 Answer

Card Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Canadian Gaming (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

1. Initial Screening, They would start with a comprehensive background check to make sure you are 'clean' as simply having a parking fine or anything similar may revoke your chances of getting hired.

2. Interview - This is where they typically ask questions about you and your life. Just be calm and answer all the questions honestly and don't forget to smile.

3. Basic Math Counting test - This is where you will be tasked to do a basic chip value IQ test. You will be timed so focus, but do not dwell to much on one question if you cannot figure it out as the questions keep coming.

4. Basic Technique test - You are given an opportunity to stand behind the blackjack table. A person will give instructions and you will be tasked to do it, just follow his example as close as possible and be confident.

5. Situational interview - You will be asked questions such as 'Give an example of when you delivered an amazing guest experience at your job.' and simply recall an honest scenario from your past job as to how you have made a customer extremely happy by going above and beyond in your job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you delivered an amazing guest experience at your job.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Great Canadian Gaming (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was relatively smooth. Interview was done with a panel of 3 people which were an HR Coordinator, Controller, and General Manager.

The interview questions were a good mix of behavioral and technical. The questions were very scripted, felt as if the interview was very robotic and one way. Each interviewer had 3 pages of questions to ask and seemed like they didn't understand the questions themselves.

Would recommend the interview panel do more practice interviews or have a customized list of questions. Would also suggest to not stick too closely to the scripted questions as the interview felt too one-way.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a multitude of tasks with short deadlines?   Answer Question
    • If your manager told you to do something and you had a better and more efficient way of handling it, how would you proceed ?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a conflict situation with someone who reported to you?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you found a variance or error that lead to the company in saving money or correction to reporting ?   Answer Question

Had a competing offer from another firm which had a better compensation package for the same type of role.

Slots Interview

Interview

Easy interview process. Interview done with manager and involved math testing questions.

Card Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Canadian Gaming (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a panel interview with Shift Managers and HR Managers. Then they will ask you for several kinds of skills test like card distribution, chip handling & manual dexterity. Most importantly is the Math test. This was very easy you can't fail it. Just brush up on your multiplication and division (hint: divide by 2).

Interview Questions

• While doing your job and made a mistake, What would you do?   1 Answer