Great Clips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.0

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Great Clips (Casa Grande, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Just went in and applied in person and was hired on the spot. There wasn't a whole lot to it, they had me fill out all the paperwork and mostly I was looking for work on social media. The interview was very interpersonal and extremely short.

Interview Questions

• How long until your are licensed?   1 Answer

Sep 5, 2017

Thank you and welcome to a GREAT team! We appreciate your feedback and comments.

Cosmetologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Clips (Mount Pleasant, SC).

Interview

Your first interview is with the owners. Amazing people. You go in and talk for at least an hr, allowing them to get to know you. From there, You have to go into the shop you got the job in and perform different haircuts on a manikin in front of the store manager. Long later, short layer, clipper cut, fade. This is to see where the stylist is and what areas may need help.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

May 27, 2017

Thank you for being a member of a great team of stylists and managers!

Anonymous Employee in Highland, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Clips (Highland, UT).

Interview

I walked in to submit my resume in person and was invited back immediately for an interview. I was asked several questions based on the Great Clips interview sheet and my experience level as a stylist. At the conclusion of the interview I was offered a position and given a schedule to start the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a dissatisfied customer.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you were a part of a team. How did it feel?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Great Clips?   1 Answer

May 5, 2017

Thank you for everything you do to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Clips (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a call five minutes after from tons of different locations.
    Went to the location I wanted to work and did long and short layers on a mannequin then brought my boy friend back to do a clipper cut on him.

Interview Questions

• How confident are you with clipper cuts on a scale from 1 to 10?   1 Answer
    • Do you know the difference between long layers and short layers?   Answer Question

Oct 24, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Clips (Springfield, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my candidate profile online and received a call from the manager the next day. We set up the first initial interview, very basic interview questions, and then scheduled a technical interview for the following Monday. I brought my own models and was instructed to demonstrate a fade and then a women's haircut in which I took an inch off. Super simple and relaxed, manager was very professional and helpful.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Apr 26, 2017

Welcome to a GREAT team of stylists and managers. It's gonna be great!!!

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Clips (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was thorough and non-threatening open communication you start in as a manager and work your way up. Go in knowing what you want and what to ask for have your skills written out show what you can do do a technical interview give examples and sales records of the store you currently manage

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications for this position   1 Answer

Jul 13, 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We appreciate everything you and your team do to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Clips (West Toledo, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Same as styist.but I have have over 5 yrs being manager for them length in field o said 35 yrs I have the the management classed and passed

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Sep 19, 2017

If you would like to share more about your experience, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com. We will follow up with you regarding your feedback. Thank you.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Tualatin, OR).

Interview

They ask you questions about your personality and try to figure out how well you work with others. they really look for good customer service qualities. After that first interview you will do a technical interview where you will show the your cutting skills.

Mar 6, 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your experience.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

I applied online, I was then contacted by phone by the manager at the location I applied for. We set up an in person interview and I was hired during the first interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background experience, what days and hours if I wanted part time full time, if I was available holidays and weekends.
      They asked if I thought it was acceptable to miss a day of work without calling my supervisor or if I've ever done that. Asked if my license were current and up to date.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy they pretty much told me what stylist make an hour and that you keep your tips.

Feb 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We are happy to have you as part of a great community of stylists and managers!

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mauldin, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Great Clips (Mauldin, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Went over what is expected in great detail. Effective. Happy. Personable. Welcoming. Easy going. Overall great experince. Excited to start! I need ten more words to complete this survey ha ha.

Interview Questions

• what makes you suitable for this job   1 Answer

Feb 14, 2017

Welcome! We are happy to have you as part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers.