Great Clips Salon Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great Clips Salon Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Great Clips

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume & cover letter via website. Emailed within hours for interview next morning. I showed up & had to text as interviewer was late, shop was closed & said she'd be there in 20-min as she was stuck in traffic. Not very professional & not true as I had just driven the same route in no traffic at 10am, but I needed a job.

When she arrived, she limply touched my hand (it was not a handshake), handed me an application & I told her I'd fill it out after we spoke a bit (I didn't have a good feeling & she already had my resume). Her bursting out of his skin, angry companion, who accompanied her, raged on the phone the entire time I was there, which was very uncomfortable.

The interview with her was off to an annoying start. She told me via email she'd pay me "a lot more" than the standard $8-9/hr as I had a lot of experience & as it turns out, there was no management job, only stylist for 20-30 hrs/wk. Turns out the "a lot more" was 45-cents, so she completely wasted my time. When I told her I was expecting to be interviewed for FT mngr & expecting $12-ish/hr, she said if I were a good enough stylist, I'd earn better tips to supplement the wages. Alrighty, then...

I cut the interview short (lasted 10-15-min), didn't fill out the application & told her I could work for her as a fill in 'til I found someone permanent. She agreed. Once I left, the insult & rudeness set in, so I emailed 30-min later to tell her I wasn't interested in working there.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all very unimaginative, standard, "Tell me about your last job" type. My last job was in middle management in corporate (I do hair on the side)... what does that have to do with haircutting?   1 Answer

She misrepresented the job, wages, hours & was unprofessional & rude.

Jul 27, 2016

We are sorry that this was your experience. Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. If you would like follow up regarding your interview, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com... More

Other Interview Reviews for Great Clips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Macomb, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

walked in to salon, owner was there, talked to him and his wife about position. ended up at a coffee shop to futher discuss details of position. he was very impressed with my people skills. i was pleased he noticed, his wife was very friendly and had many questions due to the fact this couple has never been in the salon industry. the salon is not even open yet. was told they have been interviewing all week. they are doing the finishing touches and expect to be open soon with the grand opening sometime in december. this interview was unplaned not expected. i just walked in because i seen them inside and decided to check it out. i was shocked at the starting pay!! The starting pay is much higher then what i get now. all most wish i took position.

Interview Questions

• how fast can i do a hair cut?   1 Answer

sadly i think i should of taken it. but my concern was this very nice couple have never owned a salon. They are not even licenced hairstylist. That tells me they know very little about the industry. i know i could really help them but what if we butt heads. the knowledge they have was so limited it scared me. they are opening a greatclips and that is good because the name is known, but on the otherhand i feel they are going in to this blinded. i wish them luck .

Salon Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

As long as you show up and look decent they will hire you they are basically only looking for bodys and licenses they just want someone to stand behind a chair and push out haircuts

Interview Questions

• How are you with product sales   1 Answer

Apr 18, 2018

If you would like follow up regarding your interview experience or working in the salon, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location & details. We will provide it to your franchisee... More

Salon Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

Comfortable yet professional. I was already a Great Clips employee and one of a couple candidates for the Management position. I met one-on-one with our General Manager. After a series of questions, discussion about benefits with the position and challenges with the position, we moved onto a few week long transition process. I needed to tie up ends at the Great Clips where I was currently an Assistant Manager and then transition into the Salon Manager at another location. Our General Manager was available any time I needed to answer questions and offer guidance!

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals?   1 Answer

Apr 18, 2019

We appreciate that you are a valued member of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Called to set up an interview, had one the same day and was hired! It was that easy! I had some questions to ask and they had a lot of time to answer my questions and make me feel welcomed! Very friendly team!

Interview Questions

• What my long term goals were?   1 Answer

Dec 29, 2017

Welcome to a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

In person interview and also did a technician interview. Seemed very easy and they were very nice. I loved the culture and the connection with the manager. Very engaging.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Jan 26, 2017

Welcome to a GREAT community of stylists and managers. It's gonna be great!!! :-)

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Coral Springs, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

asked about experience and may give technical interview for new stylist which means you may have to perform a few different types of haircuts to see how long it takes you and to see the outcome. Owner sits down with you and asks your availability and must be able to work weekends as it is the busiest time.

Interview Questions

• how long have you been doing hair? Familiar with Great Clips 5 step system.   Answer Question

Aug 25, 2016

We appreciate everything you do in the salon each day. Thank YOU!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Clips (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Application, interviewed with Manager and then franchisee. Met at restaurant and discussed the great clips way, and my background in the industry. Very little on the pay and benefits, the interviewerror looked agitated when I asked questions about salary since greatclips pays different than traditional salons I wanted to better understand. It was uncomfortable when I asked and felt as though I shouldn't have
    I went through several interviews visited several salons prior to being brought on.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Oct 5, 2016

Thank you for your comments. Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee and we will use your feedback accordingly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Great Clips (New York, NY).

Interview

3 interviews, met a manager then the franchisee twice then rhw the phone call telling me i had the position . Asked about my experience and how many salons ive manages , supervised an was an educator foe them discussed job details what qaulicatioina i had and what itaught and however odren, i did a few haircuts to show the quality of my work. Asked id inhas babysitter. Ww discussed hair cut times and what services they do in the salon, discusses product rhat the salon carries as well as training for stylist and manager. Showed me around salon and introduced mento staff

Interview Questions

• If o, had reliable transportation   1 Answer

Dec 6, 2016

We are happy to welcome you to a great community of stylists and managers!