Great Clips Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

1.8

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Tualatin, OR).

Interview

They ask you questions about your personality and try to figure out how well you work with others. they really look for good customer service qualities. After that first interview you will do a technical interview where you will show the your cutting skills.

Mar 6, 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Great Clips

Anonymous Employee in Mauldin, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Great Clips (Mauldin, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Went over what is expected in great detail. Effective. Happy. Personable. Welcoming. Easy going. Overall great experince. Excited to start! I need ten more words to complete this survey ha ha.

Interview Questions

• what makes you suitable for this job   1 Answer

Feb 14, 2017

Welcome! We are happy to have you as part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Springfield, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out an online application, received an interview offer the next day. I came in for the personal interview, which was quick and pleasant. At the end of it, we scheduled a technical interview, where I had to bring in one male and one female model and demonstrate a haircut on each. The female haircut required layers, while the male haircut had to demonstrate a 3-to-1 fade.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced a situation where you had an unsatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Jan 13, 2017

Thank you for offering your comments and feedback. We appreciate it.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

Applied online got a call the next day went in for interview. The interview didn't even last no more than 10 minutes. I then filled out a paper application and the rest of the paper work that came with it. You also get a chance to get a tip card have all your tips sent to that card or to your regular bank account. Started the next day.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Nov 21, 2016

Thank you for your comments and feedback. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will provide it to the... More

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Burlington, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was quick. I met with the manager discussed the position and goals and requirements . I then did a haircut test for her to assess my skills as a stylist . a client was used who was already waiting on a cut . it was a standard cut and pretty easy . After finishing I cleaned up and went back with manager to discuss what would be expected and my availability .I received an offer the next day

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Jan 28, 2017

Welcome to a GREAT team of stylists and managers! Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Littleton, CO).

Interview

common. emailed resume, called in for meeting. approx 30 minutes in length. asked about training, experience, comfort level with various procedures, expected salary etc. tour of salon. called me the following week.

Interview Questions

• how long does an average haircut take   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The staff was very friendly they greeted me at the door and gave an application to fill out while I was waiting for the manager. The manager though seemed distracted during the interview and didn't ask a lot of questions. She told me at the end of the interview she would call to set a a model cut but didn't and when I called never returned my calls.

Interview Questions

• Just the hours I could work and why I vhadn't worked in a year.   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

They went over many questions to figure out if I was a good fit for their organization. They made sure I was ready for a team atmosphere. They went over their expectations so I knew what I was getting into and made it truly feel like I was picking them!

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation with a dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the job that day!!

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Clips (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The Owner called me very fast. Set up a interview. We Met later that week. I Did my technical the following week because of my schedule with my curent job.I brought in 2 models. One male one female. I Passed. She offered me the job on spot

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

2 interviews one talking and 1 technical. The first interview talked about the company and what was expected. Which included flexible schedule, being efficient while providing quality. Explanation of the 3 day training of the Great Clips system.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation