Great Lakes Caring Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Nurse Preceptor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Jackson, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

When I applied for the position, a recruiter called me within just a few days. He conducted an initial phone interview and provided more information on the position and Great Lakes Caring. We corresponded via phone and email a few more times during the week and the recruiter was very courteous and professional, responding quickly and thoroughly to any questions I had. By the end of that first week, I had already been scheduled for a second interview.

The following week I interviewed with the department manager at the corporate headquarters. From the minute I walked in the door, I was impressed by how friendly and efficient everyone was. The interview was comfortable, conversational and definitely solidified my desire to work for Great Lakes Caring. By the end of the second week I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What led you to become a nurse?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Great Lakes Caring and how have your experiences prepared you to be successful here?   Answer Question
    • We work in a very collaborative team environment. What strengths do you believe you will bring to the team?   Answer Question
    • We offer tuition reimbursement. Are you interested in continuing your education?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with technology and which types of programs are you proficient in?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was ready to negotiate but their initial offer was better than what I had planned to ask for.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Jackson, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I was initial contacted by phone and went through a phone screen/interview - I was selected to move on with the process and asked to meet at the corporate office for a face to face interview with the manager and VP.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you and I are in an elevator, you have one floor to convince me to hire you.   Answer Question

May 4, 2017 – Digital/E-Marketing Manager

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat down with the head supervisor at the branch who was very down-to-earth and kind, made me feel very comfortable and welcome. Discussed all questions I had and was very open regarding the business and their location and their branch operations. Left feeling very optimistic and thankful for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you operate in a team setting, and how do you contribute as a team member the best? What are you most passionate about in the Homecare experience, why do you want to be and homecare physical therapy?   Answer Question

STNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Toledo, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a interview with sonny she was so nice and showed me around and introduced me to a few people before and after my interview . She offered me the position and I accepted very thankfully

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in the position   1 Answer

May 11, 2017 – Digital/E-Marketing Manager

Clinical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Lombard, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with executive director at a coffee shop. Discussed job history, experience with homecare, and overall thoughts on healthcare. Director very thorough as to details surrounding job responsibilities. Overall great interview. Interviewer was very easy to talk to and very relatable. This made the interview go more smoothly and easier.

Music Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (South Bend, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by and in person interview at the office. I was interviewed by the regional director Faith and she asked about my strengths and weaknesses. Very kind person and I was offered the job by phone call the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you experienced a difficult situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Jackson, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter to interview for a different position, which was more in my lane. I was very appreciative of the thorough review of my resume and qualifications

Interview Questions

• What my long term goals were with obtaining a position in the field of accounts/administrative/finance/billing   1 Answer

May 8, 2017 – Digital/E-Marketing Manager

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Jackson, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the Jackson Michigan corporate office. Very Professional interview. The process was comfortable. The company seems to truly care about their employees and engaging talent to help them to continue to grow. I knew after the interview this was a company I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience and how I would handle various HR related issue should the occurr.   1 Answer

May 8, 2017 – Digital/E-Marketing Manager

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Terre Haute, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter through email and on the phone to set forth salary, hours, and interview. Interviewed withe clinical supervisor, was emailed with position offer. Clinical supervisor questioned about knowledge with at home health care. She was very straight forward about hours. Perfessional and kind. Inquired about family life . Questioned about reason why I want to change from LTC to home health.

Interview Questions

• If I had worked Home Health and knew what it intailed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Akron, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Spoke with corporate HR, filled out an application and some paperwork. Interview held with branch supervisor. I was called very soon after the interview with an offer. HR was very helpful and flexible through the process.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I would handle a conflict between two family members during a visit?   1 Answer

May 16, 2017 – Digital/E-Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for your review!

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Great Lakes Caring (Toledo, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Thorough and informative, very casual. Question and answer portion. Very friendly and welcoming. Then on to on boarding, which was very informotive as well as Fun! I could tell right away this was going to be a great place to work

Interview Questions

Great Lakes Caring Response

May 16, 2017 – Digital/E-Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback!