Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview took place at my university after a career fair and the second interview was on-site in Chicago at their office. The first interview was with two current site engineers and the second was with program managers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had difficulty with a team member. What did you do to improve the situation or did you do nothing?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interviewer in Human Resources was very lively. The questioning was very basic and not well thought out. She lead you believe that they were so caring and you were strong candidate, to be contacted back within the week. However, it was all a lie and I never heard one word back. It is sad how little others whom are employed care less about those struggling in this very difficult employment market. I am blessed that this company did not call me back, as if this is how they treat people, I am not interested. They lost out on a great, driven, hardworking experienced candidate. Unfortunately, they never took the time to find out, as they base a 20 minute phone call on their poor interviewing skill level.

Site Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was nice, he went through a lot of information about the company and the job, then started asking questions. First was just to walk through my resume, then asked almost all behavioral/situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a mistake and steps you took to solve it   Answer Question

Site Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock.

Interview

Easy interview. Targeting young, out of college students who like to travel. The position is high paced and requires patience, staying organized and flexible. The interviewee is evaluating if you can handle the lifestyle.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions similar to "Are you willing to travel?" "Are you a well organized?"   Answer Question

Engineering Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Reached out to recruiter who put me in touch with interviewer. Recruiter emailed interviewer with my resume. Had a phone screening first with the interviewer. Went over the resume and the positions I have held. Interviewer was really nice and friendly. Was called back a second time for a more serious interview with some technical questions. Interviewed in person afterwards and met with the team.

Interview Questions

• Please go over your resume. Talk about past positions and projects.   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (Oakbrook, KY).

Interview

The interview was set up by my recruiter. It was very conversational, no tough/planned out questions. The interviewers were extremely friendly and laid back yet very knowledgeable, someone I would have liked to work for. They described the needs in their department and asked about my qualifications. Main part was matching my experience to their needs and going through my resume.
    Be prepared to ask questions about their business to show you've researched and done your homework.

Interview Questions

I was Out of the country for an extended period of time

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Contacted by phone at beginning of month. Phone interview a week later that basically involved a description of the position and a few questions about my resume. One-on-one interview a week later. Mostly walking through my resume. Offer came within a week.

Site Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted in order to get more detailed information about present job, salary expectation and availability to join GLDD. After one week phone interview. It was very conversational, Asked geotechnicals knowledge, english level, international experiences, current job and background. then description of the future job. Main part was matching my experience to their needs and going through my resume. Be prepared to ask questions about ground soil properties.

Interview Questions

• A technical question about a way to test sand properties   Answer Question

Site Administrator Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock in May 2010.

Interview

GLDD advertised through my college's career center for this position. The interview was a simple one on one interview with the manager of the SA position. It was almost a non-interview as they did not ask me much, just gauged my interest in the industry and told me about the demands of the position, the lifestyle, the work, etc. It was more of an "are you up for this?" conversation. I foolishly accepted this 100% travel position and left it about 1.5 years after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I didn't negotiate.