Great Lakes Higher Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.0

Borrower Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (Eagan, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Many basic questions, they also asked about what you did before and a description of what you did and the skills you used. They also made you call a recorded line and an automated system asked you questions and your answers were recorded on the line, then you wait 2 weeks for the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Great Lakes.   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (New York, NY).

Interview

Havw to fill out application and assessment then wait to be contated flr the 2 people interview, 1st person interviews then the 2nd then you have to wait for response.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (Madison, WI).

Interview

30 minute phone interview discussing my resume. Was called a week later for an onsite interview. Discussed resume in more detail and went over technical experience for about 30 minutes with a senior developer, team manager, and what I assumed was the department head. No programming/white-board questions what so ever (it is truly an entry level position). Received an offer the next week. After accepting the offer they do a very extensive background check that takes about ten days before everything is official.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult programming problem for you and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Contact Center Agent - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Greeted by a supervisor who showed a little about the company and gave the quarterly issue of the company's magazine. The interview was led by two supervisors. It was professional, but laid back. The supervisors weren't intimidating, they made me feel comfortable and gave plenty of opportunities to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What happened and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Java Developer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, connected over email. Had phone interview, followed by in person interview with a department manager, development manager, and development lead. Make sure to be early. When they say "Entry Level" they mean someone with at least six months of Java web development experience. Having a Comp Sci degree was not enough, they want Java-specific knowledge and experience.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (Rocky Hill, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website and got an interview offer. The interview was with two project managers. It was conducted in a video conference room in Rocky Hill, with the main Madison HQ office on video.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to work with others and a team member wasn't pulling his or her own weight. Other behavioral questions were asked. I was asked to describe a project I had worked on in the past as well.   Answer Question

Borrower Locator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (Madison, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Was hired through a temp agency my interview was basically a tour of the call floor and getting asked a few simple questions about my prior experience and why I was interested in working for the company

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in leaving current job that I really enjoyed   Answer Question

BSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online,
    recived an email inviting to do an assessment
    recived call from Hr manager to come in for an interview
    got a call the following week with the job offer
    accepted job offer
    began the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Borrower Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (Plano, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Simple questions with more questions about background. No real "curve balls" during the interview process. Please make sure to be professional. HR was very helpful during the entire process before getting the position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were "name a situation" type scenarios.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate. I got the shift i selected before the interview and the pay was in the range of what I was looking for. I'm sure if necessary, negotiations can be made.

Dialer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Lakes Higher Education (Madison, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Sat in a room with 1 human resource rep and 2 senior management. Interview process was simple, I submitted the application within the company, got an email 1 week later inviting me for an interview then got hired 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions asking you about your personality and what skills you have. Computer knowledge is key and also being on time for work is a must.   Answer Question