Great Minds (DC) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great Minds (DC) Interview Questions

Interviews at Great Minds (DC)

Sort:

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Great Minds (DC).

Interview

I had a phone conversation with a gentleman in HR, who was very enthusiastic about my interviewing for the Inside Sales position. From there, I received an email about a week later from the direct supervisor of the role. We set up a Zoom video interview. The Zoom interview went well, the director was friendly and laid back. She assured me that I would be contacted for a second interview. I allowed a week to go by before I reached out to her regarding that second interview, in which she responded claiming that she "just found out" the position had been filled. For that reason, I consider this a negative experience. It's not negative because I was not made an offer; it is negative because the communication was lacking and I find that to be rather unprofessional.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Minds (DC) in September 2018.

Interview

The hiring manager was pleasant but overall I was very disappointed with the organization in the end. I completed an initial phone interview with the hiring manager that went very well and had a round two video interview with the entire team. The hiring manager let me know they would follow up the next day and that the last step would be an interview with the VP. Then...radio silence. I followed up the next week and it took a couple of days but I heard back from the hiring manager who said they were still figuring Second follow up the end of the next week and never got a response. I don't mind that I wasn't selected for the role but I think it is a poor reflection of the organization to leave candidates hanging and follow up with them, regardless of the decision...especially when candidates take time to prep, interview and diligently follow up.

Interview Questions

• What is a strength in someone else you wish you had or were better at?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Minds (DC) (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

The HR person reached out to me and asked for availability. I replied with available times and received radio silence. Followed up again a couple days later and HR person provided a date and asked for times saying he gets busy and already scheduled three calendar events in 30 minutes. I provided a wide afternoon block of times but zero reply. I tried again one last time but zilch return by EOD. If this hiring process is indicative of overall working experience at this company, I will pass. Scheduling interviews for candidates should be manually simplistic or invest in Calendly for automated efficiency.

Interview Questions

• When are you free for a phone conversation about this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great Minds (DC) in September 2018.

Interview

Screening writing task, remote interview, vetting task, offer. All communication was prompt and I was able to ask questions via email. There was little time to ask questions during the interview. But I was able to ask follow up questions.

Project Manager/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Minds (DC) (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and well communicated. The HR manager did an excellent job facilitating the process. I started with a phone interview. The second round of interviews included both face to face and web-enabled meetings with 3 leaders in the organization. The conversations were excellent and motivating.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your background and skills can benefit the organization?
      What motivates you?   Answer Question

Layout Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Great Minds (DC) (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied in early January and was asked to complete a "vetting" task mid-February as a first step in the interview process. The task included 8 multi-page documents that required formatting (Word and InDesign). I was asked to interview via video chat twice, and both were negative experiences. Both times, the interviewers chatted with remote teammates during my interview and made obvious jabs at my prior experience during our conversation. The experience overall was very unprofessional and disappointing. On a side note, loved the eyebrow ring!

Interview Questions

• When you open a document what is your biggest pet peeve in terms of looking at a design? What makes you think, "This is gross!"   2 Answers