Great Oaks Charter Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Great Oaks Charter Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Great Oaks Charter Schools

2.7

Academic Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools.

Interview

The process was easy. It was done via Skype. The interview questions were your basic interview questions. They asked questions in regards to how I would explain certain ELA or math problems to the students. The process took about a week or two.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools in July 2019.

Interview

Short, concise. Friendly. It was very relaxed but also professional. The scripted questions helped give a better idea of what they were looking for in an employee. The process did seem a bit too easy though.

Education Fellow Interview

Interview

It was very dismissive and the person who interviewed did not seem to care for my answers. They needed bodies for the program so I think they interviewed each one with the same tone and attitude.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I first had a prescreening call where the rep told me about the job, the school, and my place. Then the actual interview which went fairly well.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to deal with stress from being a tutor(as the job duties are wearing) and still continue with your given duties?   1 Answer

Tutor Corps Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools.

Interview

There were two steps in the interview process. I first spoke with a recruiter for the program in general and then with a recruiter for a particular school. The first interview was over the phone and the second interview was over Skype.

I was scheduled to interview over video but the person who was set to interview me never showed up. I emailed the person through their contact email and never received a response (this was two weeks ago, so I do not believe they will ever reply). The recruiter for the general program was able to successfully set me up for an interview with another person for the second interview. However, I am disappointed that not only did I never talk to the first person I was scheduled to interview with, but in fact never received a reply or acknowledgment regarding the interview (not even an automatic response). It did lead me to question how dedicated some people working for Great Oaks Charter Schools were to working with potential members of Tutor Corps.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and a hiring manager called me back to set up a Skype interview. The interviewer on Skype asked me basic questions like experience. I felt like it was not thorough but I still was offered a job.

Tutor Corps Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Brief phone interview basic get to know you questions and behavioral. they then sent a worksheet to fill out asking about tutor-related questions and your beliefs. This was basically to test how you would perform as a tutor and your views about education. It was not brought up in the interview.
    Skype interview with hypothetical behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• How does this position fit into your future career goals?
      Why are you interested in serving disadvantaged youth   Answer Question

Tutor Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools (Newark, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application and received an invitation for a phone interview. Next step was a Skype interview with my given location. Was also given a short work product to complete. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Students are in line transitioning to class. You see another tutor pulling one of your students aside because the student had been talking. You go over to see what's going on and the student is very upset claiming that they did not talk and shouldn't be getting in trouble. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools in July 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call about 1-2 after sending in an application to schedule a phone interview. I had a phone interview and then was asked at the end to do a skype interview.

Interview Questions

• This position can be challenging, long hours and low pay, how will you cope?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools in July 2017.

Interview

1st phone screening with basic get to know you type questions and interview questions, 2nd skype or in person interview with more specific to job questions, experience and outlook questions and then notification about a week later