Great Oaks Charter Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great Oaks Charter Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.9

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools in July 2017.

Interview

1st phone screening with basic get to know you type questions and interview questions, 2nd skype or in person interview with more specific to job questions, experience and outlook questions and then notification about a week later

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools in July 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call about 1-2 after sending in an application to schedule a phone interview. I had a phone interview and then was asked at the end to do a skype interview.

Interview Questions

• This position can be challenging, long hours and low pay, how will you cope?   1 Answer

Tutor Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools (Bridgeport, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two parts. First was a phone interview, which consisted of like five questions. The second part of the interview was a Skype interview with one of the staff members. There was a reflection to answer before the 2nd interview which was to pretty much see how you would answer or help a child with work.

Tutor Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview with someone from their headquarters. Then was invited for an in-person interview. During the in-person I got a tour of the school, observed student tutorials, and had a one-on-one interview with the Coordinator of the Tutor Corps at the school.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life when you were in an uncomfortable situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I first applied to the Tutor corps and received an email about a week later to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview was about 20 minutes and they asked a lot of questions about myself as a person and student. Then about a week later I had a 30 minute Skype interview. Similar questions were asked, but more had to do with my work habits and how well I would fit into the Great Oaks environment. Both interviewers were extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• What is one class you struggled with and how did you get through it?   1 Answer

Tutor Corp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call scheduling a phone interview. In the phone interview, I was asked some basic questions about my classroom experience and questions about how I would be able to handle certain situations, etc. Then the interviewer said I would be a good fit for a certain site, so they set me up with a Skype interview for that site. I interviewed with that site and the interviewer explained a little more about the company. And I answered a few more questions about my experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• What will get you through the long, grueling days where you just want to quit?   1 Answer

Was a little concerned with other reviews of job, as well as previous engagements.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools (Newark, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview: Questions about your experience with students? What do you know about the achievement gap?
     Skype Interview : You are informed about the program and how it is run. Given possible situations that could happen.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to tutor students?
      How can you help close the achievement gap?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools in June 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone call and then a Skype interview. Both interviewers were very nice and friendly. They made me feel like I was doing very well during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a different tutor had pulled one of your students out of line, claiming they were talking?   Answer Question

Tutor Corps Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. They initially talk about the position, ask typical tell me about yourself questions, some behavioral questions on your past experiences in tutoring/teaching or with children, and then have time to answer your questions. It was very conversational and relaxed. After that, I was asked to an in-person group/panel interview at the school I was most interested in working at, but decided later not to move forward because of concerns over the stipend amount. However, it really did seem like an awesome opportunity and work.

Interview Questions

• A lot of tell me about a time you experienced a challenge type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Oaks Charter Schools (Wilmington, DE) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed by their talent recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took 30 minutes and they said that they would have me do a group interview for the school in Wilmington, DE. The in-person interview happened a month later and ended up being 3 hours long. It ended up being a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager and she led a tour around the school where I met the current staff. We sat down and she asked me similar questions that were on the phone interview. She then gave me 20 minutes to read a packet on Mars and prepare a 15-minute lesson to a student (I have never lesson planned before in my life). I was notified a week later that I got the job and was given a week to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a bit about yourself"
      How does your education background fit in to our mission?
      Describe your leadership experience.   Answer Question