Great West Casualty Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great West Casualty Company Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.3

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company.

Interview

I was flown in for an interview and set up in a hotel. Met with 4 interviewers then met with the staff. The actual interview lasted about 90 minutes, but the quizzes lasted an hour and lunch was about 90 minutes. The whole process took several hours. Kind of vague on letting applicants know a decision. Had to call to follow up. They didn't do a background check and didn't ask for references (red flag).

Interview Questions

• Name a weakness that a boss/customer would say you have.   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Ajduster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Panel Phone Interview. there were 5 people who participated. All asking different questions. There are three phases the to interview process. The initial panel interview phone screening. Second phone interview, more in depth questions. If selected to move forward with the process, you go to the office to meet with HR for in person interview and testing.

Interview Questions

• Not your run of the mill interview questions. Very thorough.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company.

Interview

Applied on-line and was called for phone interview. Was very professional and thorough. Was then called for personal interview. Involved some skills and aptitude testing. Met with manager and staff. They were very professional, seemed to be passionate about jobs and the company. The process showed me that they really take finding the right person and a fit for the company seriously.

Interview Questions

• Were some structured questions and follow ups.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company (Knoxville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a short phone interview and was told I would get a call back later in the week or next week. The next week I had received a 2nd interview based on my schedule and it was also over the phone. Then I was told to wait a week to 2 weeks for them to complete the interviewing process. I got a call almost exactly 2 weeks later with the offer and opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, (The most important one)   1 Answer

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company (Boise, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview felt very comfortable and went well. Very good experience. Great questions from asked of me. Great company to work for but the compensation was low. Unfortunately I was not able to make a career move due to this

Not enough pay

Worker's Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone interview with a 3 person panel, then a follow up, in person interview, again with a panel, and some testing. The panel was very nice, very professional and it seems like a very laid back place to work. No offer yet, but I'm crossing my fingers!

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Sioux City, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company (South Sioux City, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

Short phone interview and then they flew me out to meet in person. They put me in a very nice hotel and took me to a nice lunch. They also showed me around the area.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The HR representative was very professional, the department head asked questions I have never had asked to me before, it was very different than interviewing with other insurance companies. I was uncomfortable with a number of questions and I think HR was as well. The interview with the HR alone was more professional than the interview with the claims hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Some questions from the claims hiring manager went into areas that had nothing to do whether you could perform the job.   Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Sioux City, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company (South Sioux City, NE).

Interview

Phone Screening with department head and an HR representative.
    On-site interviews with department head, HR, and a meet/greet with the department.
    Also had an aptitude test and a skills assessment.

Great people, very friendly, very welcoming. Seemed like a tightly knit group. A significant concern with how much the candidate liked the area, since it's a small city / large town.

The offer was not competitive and negotiations failed to improve it.

Safety Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great West Casualty Company (Kansas City, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume via job posting. Called for a phone interview then in person panel interview. Everyone was warm and friendly. Great West did a wonderful job communicating job status in a timely fashion. The staff was very accessible.