Great-West Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Great-West Financial

2.6

Sort:

Junior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview

The interview process was standard: phone screen with a recruiter, in-person with the hiring manager and next level manager, informal group meeting with the team (who seemed great). Everything after that was unbelievable. After extending an offer to me late Friday afternoon, they rescinded the offer on Monday because I didn't accept immediately. They claimed it showed "lack of excitement." Apparently they are looking for someone reactionary and opportunistic rather than rational and logical. The interview process took 16 days on their end, and apparently two days is too much for me to ask. Clearly integrity isn't valued at this company. The best I can say is that at least they revealed their true selves before I made the mistake of accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard: what are your strengths and weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Face to face with five managers. Total time was approximately 1 1/2 hours. Discussion was mostly about my previous work. Not any "test" questions such as write a query to do ... As it ended up, the one misleading thing that did occur during the interview was when I asked if they do design and code reviews (especially for a new hire), they answered absolutely. But when the time came for my first design review, they fell short. And there was never a code review. Seems like they were overwhelmed with work and didn't have time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your SQL experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Greenwood Village, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview for screening. This was followed by another phone interview. After this, an on-site interview was scheduled for face to face meeting with the project manager and individual team members. The overall process was relatively simple. The scheduler was accommodating on available times. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a lead role or individual contributor role?   1 Answer

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

Call from recruiter to gauge my interest in the position. 3-4 days later, I had a face to face interview with the sales manager that lasted about 45 minutes. 3 days later I spoke with the External Wholesaler I would be partnered with. 1 day later, I spoke with the National Sales Manager very quickly. I was offered the position 1 week after the last phone call.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO).

Interview

Prequlaification with hr representative at their office. Appropriate skill level test, personality testing
    Interview with hiring manager and a meet and greet with the potential team. Job offer and it was interesting and a joyful period in my life when I got hired doing something different than what I was currently doing

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

Professional, Basic

really do not have much to say
    person who interviewed me was awesome, but ended up leaving after I started.

I had a phone interview and in-person with direct-report manager and then the regional office director.
    They were all awesome.

Interview Questions

• Asked about relationship skills? knowledge of retirement plans   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed in person with two managers. It was very cordial and light. Good interview with very friendly people. The questions were mixed with good real life situations.

Interview Questions

• How do you multi task? How do you deal with an angry client? Describe a time you couldn't help a client with what they needed and how you improved on it the next time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was better than most places. The HR team knows what they are doing that they are following up. I was assigned to on HR rep and dealt with him the whole time

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great-West was great during the negotiation phase. They were reasonable and were quick to get back to me. I did not feel pressured. I am pretty happy with the negotiation phase.

Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO).

Interview

You will need to apply on the GW website. HR will then conduct a phone interview and then if you make the next round, you will be called in for an in person interview.

Negotiation

They have very difficult budgets to meet so, you get what you get.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email within a couple weeks to come in for a group onsite interview. Interviewed with two actuarial students and had two phone interviews a couple days later with dept managers. Everyone was extremely professional and informative.