Great-West Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.6

Associate Internal Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

Met with three of the four Internal Sales Managers for an hour interview. Rapid fire questions at the beginning and then back and forth question asking for the last half of the interview.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Submit resume online. Two phone interviews at the end of October with two actuarial analysts. Complete background check and got a phone call about the offer after Thanksgiving. No housing stipend.

Communications Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview

4 phone interviews, 30 minutes each. Then no word for about 2-3 weeks. Finally, another HR recruiter took over and told me I was still in the running and a decision would be made in 1-2 weeks. Never heard back; not even the courtesy of an email saying "we have not chosen you for the role." I feel they should have gotten back to me to let me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. It was entirely about my experience.   1 Answer

Retirement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview

I applied for one job and they offer me another better job that wasn't posted yet based on my resume. The process was very quick. First a phone interview with HR. Then in person meeting with supervisor. Then another phone call interview with people in Denver office.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging experience with an advisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial in October 2017.

Interview

I started with a hone screening interview. Interviewer had a list of questions that she was filling in. The process took 10 to 15 minutes.

Extra words because Glassdoor has a minimum number of words for this answer

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work individually or on a team?   1 Answer

Interview

Nothing crazy. My application was done online, Recruiter reached out to me for phone interview. I was brought in for a formal interview. Process took maybe two weeks.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

Application followed by interview. I applied online and was contacted by a Recruiter.

The interview took place in KC. I was told the role was open to back-fill an individual who was leaving he company. The interview concluded with the promise of timely feedback ("we should have an update sometime in the next couple of weeks). It has been a full month, with no follow-up of any kind. I called after 3 weeks requesting an update, and wrote an email as well. No response.

It's clear to me that the Recruiter has no intention of following through with the original commitment. At this point, I've moved on to another opportunity. It's disappointing as I work daily to improve the reputation of those in my line of work. This is one of the biggest pet peeves I hear about. I felt that my time and energy was not valued, and I will certainly not be applying to them ever again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your organize your day.   1 Answer

Senior Business Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a position that is very much about knowing the existing Recordkeeping platform data and how to get the CORRECT information results. Much is dependent on providing bottom line recommendations.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

Turn in resume, interviewed by hiring manager, speak to senior CSM and another associate, walked around the office, met some of the CSM group, everyone looked very overwhelmed and haggard.

Communication Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with 3 hiring managers. They asked a few questions but requested that I give detailed answers. They certainly seem tired and not very friendly or accommodating. I didn't have a good feel for this Company. They seemed scattered.