Great-West Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great-West Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.6

Interview

Nothing crazy. My application was done online, Recruiter reached out to me for phone interview. I was brought in for a formal interview. Process took maybe two weeks.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

Application followed by interview. I applied online and was contacted by a Recruiter.

The interview took place in KC. I was told the role was open to back-fill an individual who was leaving he company. The interview concluded with the promise of timely feedback ("we should have an update sometime in the next couple of weeks). It has been a full month, with no follow-up of any kind. I called after 3 weeks requesting an update, and wrote an email as well. No response.

It's clear to me that the Recruiter has no intention of following through with the original commitment. At this point, I've moved on to another opportunity. It's disappointing as I work daily to improve the reputation of those in my line of work. This is one of the biggest pet peeves I hear about. I felt that my time and energy was not valued, and I will certainly not be applying to them ever again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your organize your day.   1 Answer

Senior Business Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a position that is very much about knowing the existing Recordkeeping platform data and how to get the CORRECT information results. Much is dependent on providing bottom line recommendations.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

Turn in resume, interviewed by hiring manager, speak to senior CSM and another associate, walked around the office, met some of the CSM group, everyone looked very overwhelmed and haggard.

Communication Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with 3 hiring managers. They asked a few questions but requested that I give detailed answers. They certainly seem tired and not very friendly or accommodating. I didn't have a good feel for this Company. They seemed scattered.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview process spanned three separate interviews- one over the phone, and two on-site interviews with various members of both the management and development team. All of the staff conducting interviews were senior-level management and senior-level developers. All staff were courteous, professional, and welcoming during the entirety of the process. Human Resources staff is communicative about the process, and I often received correspondence well in advance of when I anticipated I would hear back regarding setting up the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe design patterns in Java.   1 Answer
    • If you were describing to a relative what you do as job here, what would you say?   Answer Question
    • What are some elements of HTML? What are some of the elements introduced in HTML5?   Answer Question
    • Why did you switch careers?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with occasional on-call work?   Answer Question

Retirement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Extremely pleasant experience. I interviewed with 3 managers in the department at the same time. The managers had a prescribed set of questions to ask and then they opened up to my questions. The entire experience was definitely geared to a casual conversation as opposed to a pressure cooker.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself, as someone who likes to win or hates to lose?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO).

Interview

Prequlaification with hr representative at their office. Appropriate skill level test, personality testing
    Interview with hiring manager and a meet and greet with the potential team. Job offer and it was interesting and a joyful period in my life when I got hired doing something different than what I was currently doing

District Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very pleasant and I actually enjoyed it. The recruiter was very friendly and helpful and my first interview was with the hiring manager and the second interview was with the client relationship manager and the pension benefits analyst. Their questions were easy enough to answer and not mind-blowing and it was a conversation, not dialog.

Interview Questions

• - Why did I want to leave my current position/company to work for them?
      - Describe a typical "work day" where I worked currently?
      - What type tasks do you enjoy doing most and those you like doing least?
      - Do you tend to work more toward group/team goals or your individual goals and which motivates you more to reach?
      - What type of management style do I prefer?
      - How do you learn best?
      That's all the questions I could remember. I know there were more, but 2 of the 3 interviews were more conversational to get a feel of how well we would work together since they knew I was qualified to do the job.   1 Answer

Retirement Plan Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Overall basic. Had one phone interview, which was just a screening process, and 1 in person interview with a hiring manager and a call center manager. Their questions where a little more specific or detail oriented than most of the basic interview questions (strengths, weakness, short/long term goals). None of them were to tricky, just had to think a little bit about them since i had not heard most of them yet in previous interviews with other questions

Interview Questions

• give us a time you had to deal with a difficult costumer, and what was your response?   Answer Question