Great-West Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.6

Senior Business Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a position that is very much about knowing the existing Recordkeeping platform data and how to get the CORRECT information results. Much is dependent on providing bottom line recommendations.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

Turn in resume, interviewed by hiring manager, speak to senior CSM and another associate, walked around the office, met some of the CSM group, everyone looked very overwhelmed and haggard.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview process spanned three separate interviews- one over the phone, and two on-site interviews with various members of both the management and development team. All of the staff conducting interviews were senior-level management and senior-level developers. All staff were courteous, professional, and welcoming during the entirety of the process. Human Resources staff is communicative about the process, and I often received correspondence well in advance of when I anticipated I would hear back regarding setting up the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe design patterns in Java.   1 Answer
    • If you were describing to a relative what you do as job here, what would you say?   Answer Question
    • What are some elements of HTML? What are some of the elements introduced in HTML5?   Answer Question
    • Why did you switch careers?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with occasional on-call work?   Answer Question

Retirement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Extremely pleasant experience. I interviewed with 3 managers in the department at the same time. The managers had a prescribed set of questions to ask and then they opened up to my questions. The entire experience was definitely geared to a casual conversation as opposed to a pressure cooker.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself, as someone who likes to win or hates to lose?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO).

Interview

Prequlaification with hr representative at their office. Appropriate skill level test, personality testing
    Interview with hiring manager and a meet and greet with the potential team. Job offer and it was interesting and a joyful period in my life when I got hired doing something different than what I was currently doing

District Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very pleasant and I actually enjoyed it. The recruiter was very friendly and helpful and my first interview was with the hiring manager and the second interview was with the client relationship manager and the pension benefits analyst. Their questions were easy enough to answer and not mind-blowing and it was a conversation, not dialog.

Interview Questions

• - Why did I want to leave my current position/company to work for them?
      - Describe a typical "work day" where I worked currently?
      - What type tasks do you enjoy doing most and those you like doing least?
      - Do you tend to work more toward group/team goals or your individual goals and which motivates you more to reach?
      - What type of management style do I prefer?
      - How do you learn best?
      That's all the questions I could remember. I know there were more, but 2 of the 3 interviews were more conversational to get a feel of how well we would work together since they knew I was qualified to do the job.
      1 Answer

Retirement Plan Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Overall basic. Had one phone interview, which was just a screening process, and 1 in person interview with a hiring manager and a call center manager. Their questions where a little more specific or detail oriented than most of the basic interview questions (strengths, weakness, short/long term goals). None of them were to tricky, just had to think a little bit about them since i had not heard most of them yet in previous interviews with other questions

Interview Questions

• give us a time you had to deal with a difficult costumer, and what was your response?   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview

The interview process was standard: phone screen with a recruiter, in-person with the hiring manager and next level manager, informal group meeting with the team (who seemed great). Everything after that was unbelievable. After extending an offer to me late Friday afternoon, they rescinded the offer on Monday because I didn't accept immediately. They claimed it showed "lack of excitement." Apparently they are looking for someone reactionary and opportunistic rather than rational and logical. The interview process took 16 days on their end, and apparently two days is too much for me to ask. Clearly integrity isn't valued at this company. The best I can say is that at least they revealed their true selves before I made the mistake of accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard: what are your strengths and weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Bilingual Retirement Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied then was contacted by HR a few days later, she sent me an assessment qhich took about 45-60 mins math questions, spelling and multi tasking, I am still waiting to see if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then a group interview on-site. Application process included on-line testing. This was a behavioral based interview. Somewhat lengthly process just to work in a call center. Do your research on what it's like to work in a call center and then decide if you really want to go through the lengthly application and interviewing process.