Great Wolf Lodge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great Wolf Lodge Interview Questions

Interviews at Great Wolf Lodge

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotrun, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Scotrun, PA).

Interview

I first met with a HR rep. once I passed his interview, I was immediately interviewed by two members of guest services. They contacted me later that day and had me come back two days later for another interview with a different member of guest services. The questions were mostly why do you want to work here, what is your personal n professional history, what is a time that you feel you went above and beyond in customer service

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with difficult customers? tell me about a time you handled a difficult person/situation. tell me about a time u went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

The pay was too low- $8.50 to start

Anonymous Employee in Scotrun, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Scotrun, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

I came in to inquire about openings and they put me on the interview schedule that same day. I interviewed less than an hour later. I met with a manager in a large room where several interviews were occurring at the same time. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was asked typical questions regarding my previous experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, it was an hourly wage for part-time temporary employment

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Grapevine, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

the interview was really simple. its not really your normal type of interview its more of just a casual conversation. the director of GS does most of the final interviews and she will want to see how you normally talk with people you've never met before.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what your position is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Mason, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy talked with human resources and answered basic questions and then talked to who would now be my managers they hired me on the spot and then I even did the drug test that day. I had training the next day and started officially two days later. so far it has not been too bad.

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Bloomington, MN) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview itself was extremely easy.

Now, the part that ticked me off is that we had set up an interview time of 10 am. I arrived at the hotel at 9:55 am and checked in with the worker at the front desk. The worker told me someone would be with me in a few moments. Well...those few moments turned into 45 minutes! The interview did not happen until 40 minutes after the scheduled time! It wasn't until 10:35 am that someone in management came up to me asking what I'm there for. What makes this ordeal even worse is that the individual I had set up the interview time with never contacted HR and/or other management about the interview time. An HR lady finally came out to interview me at 10:40 am right as I stood up about to walk out the door. I told the lady I had less than 8 minutes for the interview since i had to leave in order to make it to my next interview elsewhere. After the interview, the HR lady asked me if I had a few minutes to talk with the Director about setting up a second interview. I again told her I had to leave to make it to my next interview. She then said that the Director would give me a call within the next 2 hours to set up another interview.

One week later.....still no call. I even called THEM to try and schedule a second interview, even though they were 40 minutes late for the first interview, but I was told the Director wasn't in.

Talk about sloppy and disorganized! It really says a lot about who the company is overall.

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fitchburg, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Fitchburg, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

A one on one interview with the director of the department. It was very professional and the director gave insights as to what the position would entail before conducting the interview as well as some background as to who they are and what their experience in the industry entailed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your workplace and received recognition for it, or a time that you feel you went above and beyond to provide service to a customer.   1 Answer

Room Attendant Interview

Interview

Very easy, laid back, stress free interview. Met with assistant manager first, then hiring manager. Was offered job on the spot. Did drug test (mouth swab). Was concerned I wouldn't pass because of my marijuana use (medical patient and it's legal in my state). Wasn't asked any questions. And moved onto competing final paperwork.

Negotiation

None

Starbucks Barista Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge.

Interview

Went to a job fair last minute to interview for barista position. Did not need to submit a formal application. Went in, sat with a manager, was asked the basic questions (What are your strengths? What is a situation that was difficult that you had to solve?"), and was offered a job on the spot. In all, the process probably took 10 minutes to complete. Drug testing is required for the job. This was done off-site.

Interview Questions

• All questions were incredibly easy. Think of what you might be asked in a typical interview, and they will probably ask it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Was offered minimum wage at the time.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Grapevine, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

The Spa manager was great and not pretentious. She was truthful in painting a picture of exactly what the experience would look like if I decided to take the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle conflict or difficult situations in the past work environment?   1 Answer

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Concord, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

The initial interview began with a phone call to gauge personality, it was was over quick and an offer for Full or Part-time was made. The process getting to the phone interview was tedious, the company still relies on paper applications and the time-table of when Human Resources is open. Initially I had to apply for my position (listing various ones) roughly 4 times before I received the first phone interview.

The manager who called me was friendly, outgoing and excited to talk about the Lodge. They wanted to pick at my availability and interests for working at the resort but focused directly on my previous experiences with other resorts as the main bonus to hire me. It seems more beneficial to go into this job already understanding the hospitality industry but having worked with college students it does not seem to be an experience requirement, just a respect for the industry.

Interview Questions

• If you were assisting a guest and the guest relations phone starts to ring, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question