Great Wolf Lodge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Great Wolf Lodge

1.9

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Grapevine, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

The Spa manager was great and not pretentious. She was truthful in painting a picture of exactly what the experience would look like if I decided to take the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle conflict or difficult situations in the past work environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Concord, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

The initial interview began with a phone call to gauge personality, it was was over quick and an offer for Full or Part-time was made. The process getting to the phone interview was tedious, the company still relies on paper applications and the time-table of when Human Resources is open. Initially I had to apply for my position (listing various ones) roughly 4 times before I received the first phone interview.

The manager who called me was friendly, outgoing and excited to talk about the Lodge. They wanted to pick at my availability and interests for working at the resort but focused directly on my previous experiences with other resorts as the main bonus to hire me. It seems more beneficial to go into this job already understanding the hospitality industry but having worked with college students it does not seem to be an experience requirement, just a respect for the industry.

Interview Questions

• If you were assisting a guest and the guest relations phone starts to ring, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Williamsburg, VA).

Interview

My interview was conducted during a job fair. I originally was applying for a job as a bellman. The first interview was with a pack member from a different department, then a second interview was conducted with the manager of Guest Services. Questions were straightforward, but one of the biggest things they're looking for is personality - they are ready to train you into the role if needed. A smile goes a long way.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation is not negotiable - it is preset for all roles.

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Lagrange, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Apply online. HR decides if you're qualified, then they contact you for a phone interview. If it goes well, you're contacted (via email or call) to set up an interview with a manager of your department. Hiring is usually done the day of your in-person interview. The process is taking a couple of weeks since we are a newer property.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge.

Interview

Very calm, met with my current supervisor and the interview was meant to see if you were conversational and if the job would be a good fit. Originally was hired for a different position prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience communicating effectively with customers?   1 Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Grapevine, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Detailed- multiple interviews- HR then dept. Mgr then Director. This was as part of opening team hiring fair.
    I loved the opening team process and it was very engaging. This company offers a lot of room for growth for hospitality professionals

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Concord, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy, straight forward, very simple questions. I was asked if I could be responsible for payments, if I found it easy speaking with others, can you be flexible and multitask. They told me what the job description was and that it would be a very busy position he will be standing almost all of your shift.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry guest?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with a senior leader and then an opportunity to meet in person. After checking my schedule I attempted to connect with the interviewer via email, phone and linkedin and never received a reply. Seems odd to be "ghosted" by a high ranking person in the organization

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about my experience and what I had to offer them in this role.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard interview. I walked in to a job fair and met with someone from HR. Was not sure what position to apply for and was recommended to the restaurant. Basic questions with hr rep and then sent to Food and Beverage director for interview with him. Same basic questions followed by a conditional job offer on grounds that I passed a drug test and background check.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge in November 2014.

Interview

It took a while for them to call me and set up a date when they could interview me in person, then when it came to the manager to interview me he forgot that he had someone to interview so I had to be interviewed again by the human resources representative