Great Wolf Lodge Retail Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Great Wolf Lodge

1.5

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge (Grapevine, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Once you past the phone interview they bring you in and will have you wait by the fireplace then come and get you. The interview was very basic questions. Once you pass the background check and phone interview as long as you do not seem like you would be a completely horrible fit or you do not have the required availability you most likely got the job. For there basic jobs they will hire high school students so do not psych yourself out too much. After your interview you have to pass a drug test to be officially hired then you will go through basic "Wolfology" training before being passed on to were you will be actually stationed and get thorough training.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with something difficult in a past job and what did you do?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Great Wolf Lodge

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Wolf Lodge.

Interview

I applied online when i was called to schedule an interview maybe a week or two later. We scheduled it for a Monday at 2pm. I chose to wear something professional, business like. I dressed in a nice top with a cardigan over it. Black slacks (dress pants) and flat shoes.
      When I went in i told a woman at the desk why I was there and asked if she could direct me to where I would be interviewed. I met with the HR manager in her office. She was extremely friendly and seemed to know how to do her job even though she had only started four months prior.
      The questions were fairly easy and the process was professional and comfortable at the same time. She asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about my experience in retail. When we were finished she asked me to stick around for a second interview with her superior, who makes all hiring decisions. While we waited for my second interviewer we talked. Like I said she was very friendly and loved to talk with me. We talked about good places to go out to eat, etc.
      When the manager came in to get me, we began talking all the way up until we made it to a restaurant where she interviewed me. (They were having shut down) I got a good vibe from her which made me feel very relaxed. She asked behavioral questions as well as experience. She was very professional as well.
      When she finished all of her questions she told me that she felt comfortable moving forward. She said I would be a great fit for Great Wolf. I accepted the part time retail associate position. She asked me what I wanted for pay. I told her I wasn't greedy and that I would take anything with accountable previous retail experience. When i accepted what she offered we began paperwork right away. Mainly just a bunch of signatures.
      Once all of that was said and done she told me to take a drug test at a clinic down the road. We shook hands and I left for the urine test. When I got there I had to wait maybe five minutes in the waiting room. It had been no more than ten minutes since the interview when i received a call from them. She called to offer me something full time! I of course accepted with terms that I had to pass the test. (Which I will) She said that they were impressed with me and would like me to take on a position that I had not applied for.
      Note: I am currently waiting to hear back from Great Wolf following that I passed the drug test. Therefore I do not know which full time position I will partake in, or what the wages will be.
      My advice is to just be overall yourself. Don't apply for a position or place you won't enjoy and don't fake an attitude. If you are a talkative, friendly being you will have a chance. They like outgoing candidates that have a passion.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions.
      Questions included:
      "Why do you want to work for Great Wolf?"
      "Tell me about your experience."
      "How would you deal with a difficult guest?"
      "What is your availability?"
      "How would you explain a dependable associate?"
      "Describe a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement. What was the outcome? -How did you overcome it?"
      "Tell me about yourself"
      "Why should we consider you amongst all other applicants?"
      "How is your cash handling skills?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is room to negotiate. There is no harm in trying.