GreatAmerica Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GreatAmerica Financial Services (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a referral from an employee and then applied via my resume. Had a phone interview with two people that lasted about 25 minutes. I got asked many questions about myself and my previous work experiences. Along with that, I got tested on my financial knowledge, as well as what i knew about the markets and the economy.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GreatAmerica Financial Services (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

When I arrived at Greatamerica, the first thing the lady who greeted me had me do was take a timed assessment (which was not difficult). After that I met with a lady in HR who didn't really even ask any basic interview questions, just was asking if I had applied anywhere else and how far along in that process I was. She also asked me who I knew that worked here and when I told her I don't know anyone I felt like she instantly ruled me out. I got the feeling like it was an exclusive "club" like you have to know someone just to get your foot in the door for an entry level position. She then asked where I saw myself in the future and I told her I would like to grow with the company and develop into other HR positions. She then told me that they were not looking to promote from this position within, and that they were basically just looking for someone to stay in the position for the long run. What!? Apparently they are not looking for ambitious recent college graduates here.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GreatAmerica Financial Services (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online for an HR position. After a few weeks I emailed HR and never got a response. I saw the position was reopened 2 weeks later, so I emailed HR and was told they had filled the position, but the person backed out at the last minute. They reopened it to all the candidates from before and thanked me for my time. A few hours later another HR person called me and said they wanted to meet with me for the 20 minute quick thinking test and maybe on the spot interview if there were available staff. I went for the 20 minute test (which I didn't think was to hard), and met with a member of the HR department. They made sure to let me know all applicants are called or emailed in 3-5 business days letting them know their position. After the 5th day, I ultimately got the thanks but no thanks email. Still it was a great process and great people I met throughout it. Everyone made sure to make sure you were comfortable and knew what to expect.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were the basic questions. The 20 minute quick thinking test was something I had never experienced in previous job interviews/processes. I was ok with it, but I can certainly see where it would throw some people through a loop.   Answer Question

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GreatAmerica Financial Services (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2012.

Interview

You apply online and then a member from HR will contact you to fill out an online assessment. If they like you, you are then asked to come in for a timed test. If you pass the test, you meet with a manager or members of the team. If you do not pass the test, they tell you no one is available to meet with you and the process is over.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

You take a credit test, which includes giving financial ratios and explaining them. Then you take IQ test. After that, you are interviewed by two of the leaders of GreatAmerica.

Interview Questions

• If you did not have any financial statements to look at, how would you determine a company's credit worthiness?   Answer Question
    • What are three of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GreatAmerica Financial Services (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a paper skills review test, phone interview with people in the position's department, and then a 12-question interview with HR people. Overall it was a fairly general interview process with nothing out of the ordinary. It took about 2 weeks and the HR department was very helpful and friendly throughout.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time a decision was made that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Account Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GreatAmerica Financial Services (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

I was asked to take an "assessment" test, which I found overbearing for a job below 14 $ and hour and no degree required. Questions were math related (the job description didn't indicate that math is a skill for the job) and then vocabulary. I wasn't told my results. Then I interviewed in front of the "panel", which was difficult as you're responding/adapting on the spot to the three personalities with little notice/preparation, felt a bit like an interrogation. No offer. It sort of felt like a private club as I later inquired about a similar opening, they said "sure go ahead and apply" but then didn't get an interview, so maybe once you're not considered it's bye bye.

Interview Questions

GreatAmerica Financial Services Response

Jul 29, 2015 – HR

I work in the Human Resources Department at GreatAmerica and am very sorry to hear you were left with an unfavorable impression of our process. The “assessment” test you are referring to is one of... More

Vendor Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GreatAmerica Financial Services (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule a 20 minute assessment test. The test is very hard, random stuff and if you don't pass it there is no chance for an interview or job offer. I meet with a couple of company leaders after the test before it was graded, they down played it's importance, but they base everything as far as job qualifications and offers of of the test results.

GreatAmerica Financial Services Response

Apr 29, 2015 – HR

I work in the Human Resources Department at GreatAmerica and am very sorry to hear you were left with an unfavorable impression of our process. We take pride in how we treat our candidates. We are... More

Client Administrative Spevialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GreatAmerica Financial Services (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took a long time. First you go in to take a timed test and meet with possible team leaders who interview you. Then if you passed the test you were asked to come back in and do a structured interview where you were scored and had to get a minimum score. It then took 3-4 days to get back to me just to tell me that I didn't get the job. They told me I was too much of a team player and wouldn't succeed on my own. Well good to know that this company isn't about teamwork like they promote

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to remember details in a job and how did you do it?   Answer Question