GreatCall Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GreatCall Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GreatCall (Reno, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the site. I received an email a day later from the recruiter and scheduled a phone interview later that day. The phone interview went very well, it was about 15 minutes long. I was asked to go to a face to face interview at Great Call. The supervisor I interviewed with was very nice and friendly, she told me I should hear something back in about a week. I received a call Thursday with an offer and to start the background process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you disliked.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GreatCall (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Asked basic software testing questions. But they themselves were unsure about who they wanted to hire. And no response after the interview for any of my emails that followed their rejection email.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GreatCall (Reno, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application, was contacted for a phone interview, and then asked to go into the office for a face to face interview. After that, I was contacted to complete a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which a customer was frustrated and needed assistance, and you were able to resolve their problem; how did you resolve their issue and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GreatCall (Reno, NV).

Interview

15 minute phone call to go over your resume and decide if you get invited to the formal interview. Formal interview is really a group tour, then individual interviews. They got back to me the next day with a job offer. Interview is several behavioral-based questions pertaining to previous work experiences. Criminal background check and standard drug test. They have 8 wk long training classes which *seem* to start monthly; online app to job offer was about two weeks but starting actual job was closer to two months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GreatCall.

Interview

Depends on the needs of the company and staffing agency. I had a telephone interview first as part of the staffing company's screening process. Later the in person interview was done both in person and also in a group format. Supervisors often attend job fairs.
    Follow up with managers are sometimes used as a final screen.

Interview Questions

• Questions focus on Behavior Personality Type tests.
      If there was a problem with another co-worker or supervisor how would you handle it? How do you conduct yourself when the incoming calls are difficult, when you are frustrated or angry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. There is a 3 month "temporary period" wherein supervisors and managers evaluated your performance and decide if you have made the "cut" or not. If you are offered the position as a full time employee before you will be eligible to sign on for one of the benefit plans and explore other opportunities such as participating in a 401 Plan etc.

PM III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GreatCall (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a two-step process which was deliberate, to the point, and fast. I have not experienced a hiring process that was so positive and exciting in a very long time. Recruiting to the first day was an effective and pleasant experience too. The decision-making process by GreatCall leadership was fast as well. The whole process was an amazing and exciting process.

Interview Questions

• What tools and artifacts do you use in Project Management?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GreatCall in August 2016.

Interview

They make the interview process as easy and comfortable as they can. Everyone was extremely nice, professional and friendly. They explained if offered the job, what each step would be like, so there were no surprises. They filled me I on pay (excellent!), hours and days.

Interview Questions

• if.you could tell me one reason to hire you, right now, what would it be.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GreatCall (Reno, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Group interview, a tour of the facility then an individual interview. There were mainly previous call center candidates, but I was mainly retail background focused with a specialty in customer service- and got the job. The focus of the group setting first off (I believe) was how you interacted with each other and the potential bosses. Make sure you smile are polite and stand out! Great Call looks for bright and mostly over qualified candidates (for example I have 4 plus years as a retail manager, a fellow hired employee is an actual phlebotomist. Smart people are all around me in this place!)

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, like "what did you do in ..... Situation." Or "what do you do when you can't understand the customer".   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GreatCall (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

Three days after applying online I was contacted by a recruited to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview she told me the next steps, which were a tour of the facility in Reno and a one-on-one interview with a manager (this happened two days after the phone interview). The day after the one-on-one interview I was contacted again by the recruiter with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to build rapport with a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you taught someone how to use an electronic device.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for GreatCall?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GreatCall.

Interview

My first phone interview was with Karen. I found her to be professional and very responsive through the process. I completed a 2nd phone interview and then met with a couple of managers and the Director of HR. They have a strong team and everyone seems to get along well within the team.

Interview Questions

• You should be prepared to discuss specific behavioral based questions and accomplishments.   Answer Question