GreatCall Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GreatCall (Reno, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the site. I received an email a day later from the recruiter and scheduled a phone interview later that day. The phone interview went very well, it was about 15 minutes long. I was asked to go to a face to face interview at Great Call. The supervisor I interviewed with was very nice and friendly, she told me I should hear something back in about a week. I received a call Thursday with an offer and to start the background process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you disliked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GreatCall (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

After a couple days of phone tag, the HR representative contacted me through email and requested that I participate in a 30 min phone interview where we mutually agreed upon a date and time.

Interview Questions

• The interview started by the HR representative describing the company, products and job opening. Then I was ask if I had any questions which I did. The position had been post without a salary range so I was interested in understanding whether it would match my requirements.   1 Answer

GreatCall Response

May 31, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for the review! Please feel free to follow us on our Glassdoor or Linked In pages so we can stay in touch in case there is another position in the future that is better suited with your... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GreatCall (San Diego, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Straight forward interview process. It took a while to get results of the interview. It seemed a laid back work environment. Employees were dressed extremely casual. Nice people. The building consists of a couple floors in a generic office building. I got the impression the company is looking for an exit strategy, i.e. sell. Hence, the long term prospects for employment may not be as stable as other established companies.

Interview Questions

• Normal open ended questions. No aggressive interview techniques.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GreatCall.

Interview

The phone screening process went fairly quickly. The HR representative was nice and professional but she spoke too quickly. I had to ask her to repeat herself several times.

Interview Questions

GreatCall Response

Oct 2, 2018 – Employer Branding and Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We pride ourselves on having a very casual culture and are glad you felt comfortable telling our team to slow down and repeat themselves. It’s... More

Manager Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GreatCall (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. It took about 3 weeks for me to get a call for an interview with the internal recruiter. This interview was more about the culture fit than about the technical aspects of the job. This interview was following closely by an interview with the hiring Director. The job was clearly described and the questions were challenging (see below). Within days, I was made a job offer. Total time between application and job offer was about 4-1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed millennials?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had a difficult employee that you had to terminate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. My previous salary was higher than the upper limit of the pay scale for this job, so I took the high end of what was being offered.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GreatCall (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

They hired someone for the position and shortly thereafter accepted a "better offer" with another company. The positioned opened up again and I had an initial 1/2 hour phone interview. Not sure they know what they are looking for or they may be trying to hire more than the position requires.

Interview Questions

• What project management experience do you have?   1 Answer

Instructional Design Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GreatCall.

Interview

Initially went well. Resume passed screening and had a 20 minute phone interview. Was called in to last face to face, and was sent the wrong address (had driven a few hours). Nice people, negative experience.
    I withdrew from the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: What kind of projects have you worked on? Why do you want to work at this company? Those types.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GreatCall (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Asked basic software testing questions. But they themselves were unsure about who they wanted to hire. And no response after the interview for any of my emails that followed their rejection email.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GreatCall.

Interview

My first phone interview was with Karen. I found her to be professional and very responsive through the process. I completed a 2nd phone interview and then met with a couple of managers and the Director of HR. They have a strong team and everyone seems to get along well within the team.

Interview Questions

• You should be prepared to discuss specific behavioral based questions and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GreatCall (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was multi-stage. I did a phone interview with a recruiter from HR. About a week later, the recruiter called to ask if I was interested in an in-person interview. That took about 5 hours and I met with 6 different people from various disciplines 1 on 1. Another week or so went by and the recruiter contacted me again to see if I was still interested in the company and to schedule my final round with the Director of Operations and the VP of Software Dev. That was about a 2 hour session and about a week later I had a short conference call with the same two people and they offered me a job later that week. It was fast and smooth and very well managed.

Interview Questions

• My resume has a decent amount of management and command experience on it and the PM role here is not granted a lot of executive authority. The interviewing manager wanted to know how I would deal with that.   1 Answer

Direct Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GreatCall (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Group interview 1st with a presentation then two additional individual interviews the same day if you pass the first rounds. One was with each different supervisor. They were both pretty strict and yet very personable.