Greater Lynn Senior Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.4

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greater Lynn Senior Services (Peabody, MA).

Interview

applicants are brought in and complete an application. They are supposed to complete a test of their ability to read, write and speak English, but this process is not strictly enforced because the company fears discrimination suits. Offers of employment are conditional until drug test and CORI are completed. Bring a copy of your RMV driving record with you.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult passenger that was yelling at you and not cooperating with what you needed them to do?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Greater Lynn Senior Services (Lynn, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I went through a secondary party to apply but the interview process was very over the top. They paint everything with gold to sell you on it, including mentioning a thousand dollar signing bonus.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greater Lynn Senior Services (Lynn, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Requested the College I was graduating from this Spring, was very receptive. Lisa wanted me to give a story reflecting of how I was successful in a previous employment experience and also wanted to now where I failed. Did I learn from my failure and did I build upon my many successes and how I accomplished my goals. Lisa wanted to know how I felt about serving my community and how my compensation might affect my performance. She asked me how my contribution to the common good would carry me through to a more successful and meaningful career going forward.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work in Human Resources?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greater Lynn Senior Services (Lynn, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

First there was a short phone interview with HR. Then weeks later an in person interview, followed by another in person interview two weeks later. A lengthy process that gave off unprofessional vibes.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I was bilingual, good luck getting a job here if not.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greater Lynn Senior Services (Lynn, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted through the company web-site, once they knew I was a driver, they gave me the complimentary interview. I met with the least of their HR personnel, met the boss. There was no follow up, no letter of thank you, but we chose to move on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that your previous professional career, qualifies you to work as an operations manager here at GLSS ? Hmmm, maybe because I was an operations manager for another transportation company. Simply, they did not want a woman.   1 Answer

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greater Lynn Senior Services (Lynn, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

submit letter of interest, was scheduled for an interview and offered the new assignment with grater Lynn Senior Services . the process was very easy received lots of support from others in management

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greater Lynn Senior Services (Lynn, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

Telephone interview, first interview with HR only. Second interview with HR, Operations Manager and Director. It normally takes months before a decision is made to hire after interviewing. It is a fairly simple process made painfully long by the corporate-impersonal culture that is in development at GLSS.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will bring to this company that is not already here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

take it or leave it.